Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2013 RT lady doesn't know much about it, only has 3800 miles! radio won't turn on read the book at said to turn key on then back off and hold button for 3 seconds. did that it goes into the menu but as I select between the different things it skips right over radio and GPS can anybody give me any better directions is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
9 Posts
The Limited has the GPS, others don't. Does it have fog lights? Limited has fog lights, others don't. Limited is the only one that has GPS integrated into the radio. The GPS mount is center on the handlebars. I thought that all RT models came with the radio.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Limited has the GPS, others don't. Does it have fog lights? Limited has fog lights, others don't. Limited is the only one that has GPS integrated into the radio. The GPS mount is center on the handlebars. I thought that all RT models came with the radio.
It has a GPS sign on display, and yes it has fog lights

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
Looking at buying a 2013 RT lady doesn't know much about it,
It is HER responsibility to find the answers to your questions AND to get the things FIXED that don't work right.......OR give you a BIG break on the price.

In your other thread about this, (bad idea to have more than one conversation going at the same time)
you mentioned that it still has warranty. If that it true, it shouldn't set her back much to get it looked at.

It probably has a radio. I think all the RTs probably did.
If you start it up and push the mode button once from the speedo screen, the radio screen should display.
If it does, it is possible that the speakers are just turned off......or the volume is way down.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
is there a way to turn the speakers back on?
Yes. That is a standard "feature" when using a headset.
Pushing the mode button several times should get you to the "preferences" menu.
One of the items is "audio".
One of the items under audio is "speakers"......ON or OFF.

You can also mute the speakers from the main screen by holding the DOWN button.
Unmute by holding the UP button.
I am not sure if there is any indication of the screen when they are muted or OFF; I don't think so.

· Registered
113 Posts
There is no way to know if the radio is muted by simply looking at the screen.

However, if you press the UP button once on the left handlebar control, it will either raise the volume up a bit or unmute the radio if it is muted, check the screen while you do that and you will momentarily see a graphical display of the volume level. If the display shows a very low level you can raise it some more by pressing the button repeatedly.

To mute the radio, you press AND HOLD the down button, pressing the up button while muted will restore the level to what it was before.

You made no mentioned of a headset so I will not go into that but Easy Rider is correct, it is possible to turn OFF the speakers, follow his instructions to verify if they are on or off.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
To mute the radio, you press AND HOLD the down button, pressing the up button while muted will restore the level to what it was before.
With mine, you need to press AND HOLD the up button OR momentarily press it twice.
Pretty sure that a single press of UP does nothing. (But mine isn't available to test. It's loaded up for a road trip to Daytona.)

· Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up, I fixed it, was a blown fuse changed it and it works great!!!

Whlightning,
I have a family member that just bought a 2012 RT Limited and his radio was working fine. He said he bumped the left handler bar controls getting off the bike and his speakers stopped working. He can control the system and the volume controls show the volume going up and down but no sound. What and where was the fuse you replaced?

Thanks,
Brian

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, tried that. It almost seems like something in the software is set or configured wrong. I saw one person had to replace a fuse. So I am trying to check into that. We took it to the dealer where he bought it and they looked at it quickly but couldnt figure it out. They want to put it on their machine. I need to look and see if he can but an OBD reader. I have one for my BMW R1200GSA and I can pull all codes and edit them. Thanks for your help.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
Just any old OBD reader won't do you much good. You need the BRP software too.

BUT.....the symptoms you describe will NOT be caused by a blown fuse, since you can change the adjustments and settings.

There is a "feature" whereby you can push and hold the DOWN volume button and it will mute the audio output.
To un-do that, you push and hold the UP volume button.
If that doesn't work, doing a "master reset" if there is such a thing or disconnecting the battery might help.

· Registered
7 Posts
Looking at buying a 2013 RT lady doesn't know much about it, only has 3800 miles! radio won't turn on read the book at said to turn key on then back off and hold button for 3 seconds. did that it goes into the menu but as I select between the different things it skips right over radio and GPS can anybody give me any better directions is there anything I'm doing wrong? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I would warn you about buying any can am older than a 2015. Too many problems and the 2013 was the worst. Read the rexalls and reviews. We have a 2013.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts