Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am looking into buying a spyder and i have some questions! What kind of fuel mileage can i get expect out of one? I'm 6'4" will it be comfortable for me? What are some of the common problems with the spyders? And which one the RT or RS most of my riding will be within 100 miles of my home! Thanks Kowboy!

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hiya Kowboy! Welcome to our playpen... :D
You asked a couple of interesting questions; and none of them have any simple answers! :eek:
Fuel mileage?? That depends solely on what your right wrist does when your brain screams , "Go!"... Most folks seem to get around 30mpg, but ihat varies quite a bit. I average about 33mpg with my RT, but i drive like an Olphart... :eek:
Comfort? At 6'4" you'll want to sit on both the GS/RS and RT models to see how they fit you... The seating position on the RT is more touring oriented, so I'm guessing that it'll give you more of a chance to spread out and get comfortable.
More than ahlf of the fun ius in the shopping anyway! :D

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Oh... forget about working on it yourself... These things have enough compuitng power hidden in them to make the attendees at a MENSA meeting proud...:D
Personally I don't find that to be a bad thing... The computers run the power steering, antilock braking system, traction control system and vehicle stability control system. These things are there to keep us from ending up on the front page of the local newspaper.
Problems... Once in a while the afore-mentioned computers have been known to need a bit of a jumpstart when a sensor gets "cranky"... :eek:
Mechanically these things are built like tanks! :cool:

· Registered
89 Posts
+1 on that Bob cranky sensors seem to be the biggest problem with our machines as far as comfort with the RT being like sitting on a gold wing and the RSS like sitting on a crotch rocket im guessing you might be more comfortable on the RT at 6'+ good luck shopping.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.