Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this belongs here or in General Discussion. Since I'm new I'll post here.

Recently got rid of my 2006 Evo IX MR, my favorite car I've ever owned. Long story on why I got rid of it, had nothing to do with finances. However, I'm starting to look for my next ride. I used to be an avid Motorcycle rider but after getting tboned by a car a few years ago, I've not gotten back onto one. One thing I loved about my Evo was I could still have a blast in the winter without having to put it in the garage for the season.

Now, I love things that are fast. I'm not a straight line freak, never have been but get more enjoyment out of a mixture of straight line speed and curves.

I guess the real question is this... for what i'm looking for, would a spyder fill that need? Or would another sports car work better for me?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, 20!

Spyders have speed, and the open air aspect. Consider where you live - are you in an area where year-round riding is an option?

They're also better on wet roads or gravel than a motorcycle, with the 3 wheels for stability. Curves are as much fun as straightaways, though you'll find you do better by dropping your hip down off of the inside of the seat in a curve.

Your best bet might be to take a test drive, or if you can find one for rent, give it a weekend and decide from there. Let us know which direction you go!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Sass is right... This is gonna be a tough decision that you're now facing, so don't jump in any one direction until you've had the chance to log some seat time.... in BOTH a Spyder and a sports car...
If I was spending your money I'd look at the Mazda MX5 Miata for the four-wheeled option. They've got a hard top available that extends the driving season! :cool: Cost-wise they'd be a the top of the Spyder scale, but close enough to make both count as viable options.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I know the RT just came out. Are there any plans to redesign the current RS? I'd hate to buy the last year before they came out with a new model.

Also, yeah, I've been really trying to decide. I've always had a sport car or bike since I turned 18 and was on my own. Having just gotten rid of my Evo, it's wierd to not have anything sporty for recreation.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
In the Spyder column, they sell fast if you change your mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts