Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I had been discussing last fall at the motorcycle show in Dallas what we would do when our knees gave out, and spent a lot of time at the Can-Am exhibition. As it turns out, she won that race and we have filled out an order for an in-stock 2011 RT Audio/Convenience (Blue) for her to go along with the 2008 Goldwing that I ride. Now... it's time for comm systems to connect the two and a GPS for the Spyder. I don't need to reinvent the wheel and figure that you folks probably have answered most of this by now. If you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction and grunt, I'd appreciate it. Looking forward to the Spyder and the "mixed marriage" with the Wing.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Congratulations! A mixed-marriage like yours truly gives you the best of both worlds! :D
Comm systems... I'm as ignorant about them as hogs are about the Sabbath... My Missus sits out back and just pokes me in the ribs or screeches in my ear; depending on what she thinks I'm doing wrong at the moment... :D
Bike to bike: I'm guessing one of those headsets with the box that you'd hook on the rear of your helmet???

I've got a blue RT A&C... She's got great taste!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
377 Posts
My wife and I had been discussing last fall at the motorcycle show in Dallas what we would do when our knees gave out, and spent a lot of time at the Can-Am exhibition. As it turns out, she won that race and we have filled out an order for an in-stock 2011 RT Audio/Convenience (Blue) for her to go along with the 2008 Goldwing that I ride. Now... it's time for comm systems to connect the two and a GPS for the Spyder. I don't need to reinvent the wheel and figure that you folks probably have answered most of this by now. If you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction and grunt, I'd appreciate it. Looking forward to the Spyder and the "mixed marriage" with the Wing.
You're gonna be wishing you had the Spyder. My wife and I are a mixed marriage as well except I have the Spyder and she rides a Yamaha T-Max. The commo system we use is the Scala Rider Q2. It costs about $200 and clips onto your helmet. It can be used with your cell phone and IPod. It also has FM radio. The range is about 1600 feet and it is line of sight although we have made contact a few times when one was around a curve. It has a hot mike so once on there is nothing you have to touch or push - just talk. We carry on conversations while riding as we would if we were in a car together. The Scala contains rechargable batteries which go for about 8 hours on a single charge. David

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here's a link. David http://tinyurl.com/9nhxlq

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!

I didn't realize there was a term for it, but apparently that's what my husband and I have, as well. He's got BMWs, and I've just bought my Spyder. Hadn't thought about the comm system yet; we've got one for when we're 2-up on the bikes, but would sure like to have one for while we're on different rides as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably be looking into a Starcom1 or AutoCom unit to address this on the Wing and the Spyder. Starcom makes a "Goldwing Enhancement" system that would allow me to tie in to a bike-to-bike system as well as a phone and a few other things. A similar unit on the Spyder side and I should be ready to tour with my wife using both bikes and be able to stay in contact. This should also provide the intercom function that is lacking in the basic radio system on the Spyder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts