Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum and the Spyder but really looking forward to enjoying the bike. I want to buy the extended 3 yr warranty. Is $1570 too much? Dealer charging MSRP, $1098 setup, $199 processing, $87 licensing and tax. They are giving me a free accessory (I'm thinking driver backrest). Advice/thoughts?

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hi. I'm new to the forum and the Spyder but really looking forward to enjoying the bike. I want to buy the extended 3 yr warranty. Is $1570 too much? Dealer charging MSRP, $1098 setup, $199 processing, $87 licensing and tax. They are giving me a free accessory (I'm thinking driver backrest). Advice/thoughts?
Carrie,

In my case, I asked if I could add that extended warranty at any time. The answer I got was that yes, I could add the extended coverage at any time during the factory warranty of 2-years. And when I do, they don't even need to inspect it - I just have to pay the cost then. So that's money I kept in my pocket and off my financing because there is simply no need. I don't remember what they specifically quoted me but it was around $675.

And tell them you'd still be very glad to take the free accessory! :)

Steven

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I'll ask the question about adding it later. I agree...keep money in your pocket! 😉

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
I don't remember what they specifically quoted me but it was around $675.
That's about what I paid.
But the "going rate" will vary by location some.
You don't have to get it from the selling dealer.
Call some other dealerships. The transaction does not have to be in person.......but probably should be in the same state.

And did you ask if the price will be any higher if you wait until the factory warranty is about to expire ?
If not, you should. It often is MUCH higher at that point.

·
Banned
4 Posts
And did you ask if the price will be any higher if you wait until the factory warranty is about to expire ?
If not, you should. It often is MUCH higher at that point.
Of course I asked that question. The answer was that the price is the same no matter where in your factory warranty you elect to make the purchase.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As to the warranty purchase it. You're getting it for less than I paid. With all the electronics on the bike, it can pay for itself one time. That dash alone is thousands to repair.

·
Registered
2020 Spyder RT Limited (Chalk/Chrome)
5 Posts
Got the extended warranty from my dealer at the time of purchase. Asked if he would sell it to me at cost, $600, to which he agreed. 2020 Spyder RT Limited.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never think vehicle warranties are a good buy. I back that up with expert views on vehicle warranties and my own experience. The first few years of a vehicle's life are the least time repairs are required

·
Registered
2014 RT Ltd SE6
21 Posts
You can shop around for the extended warranty and do not have to buy it from your dealer. I took a quick look on spyderlovers.com and a post from 2/20/21 states that imotorsports was selling a 3 year extended BEST warranty for $671 more than half of what your dealer has quoted. That was 3 months ago. I suggest searching spyderlovers.com for more information as there are other dealers that have provided excellent rates.
As mentioned in other posts you do not have to buy it now you can wait and do your research. As long as you renew/extend your warranty before it expires.
Good luck and enjoy your ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts