1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 2009 SE5 with 3200 miles
Corbin saddlebags, trunk and fairing.

$7400.00

Now I have looked at many of the usual sites, the price is way low, I will of course check the title, etc. But let's say it's all good...

Too good to pass up?

Not trying to brag or anything, but I am about ready to drive over and pick it up, anything I should watch for?????

Thanks.......

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bought a new '09 SE5 in April for about 6K more without the $2200 saddle bags. Love the Spyder! There are a lot of low milage GS SE5 Spyders for sale but none I've seen at that price so be careful to make sure it's the real deal not a scam. I'd say go for it if it looks good and everything checks out.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
That price is loooow.. check it out carefully and make sure it is all on the up and up. I priced a new 2009 SM5 today and it is $15,762 OTD. Would love to get into a Spyder for $7400!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it is to good to be true It is probably not true! I would think this bike is either stolen or the engine and tranny are on there way out, or it has been in a serious accident. Pay some money to a motorcycle mech. to have it checked out. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, in these days one must be very cautious...

I was getting lots of information from the seller, all the parts and pieces installed, information about the trailer... things seemed to be going well...

until I asked for the VIN so that I could check for liens and ownership.... then "poof" gone.... no response to emails anymore

Found this spyder on craigslist vancouver. I then googled the email address provided ([email protected]) and found that "she" had posted it many times across Canada, about a week apart for each major city.

Here are the photos provided...

Pictures by sarahdls0 - Photobucket

Please pass this on as a scam, I am happy that I did not get taken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scammers on Craigslist

I found a scammer on CL also; they had a 2008 Gold Wing listed for $6300 in the Dallas area. I knew it was b.s. but I responded to see what they would say. Here is what they do so that others can see what the current scams are looking like; of course they are trying to use PayPal and other online payment services.

The first email reply from her:
Hi,
Thanks for being interested in buying my 2008 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle! GL1800 model with 5,439 miles on it, Navigation system, clear title, no liens or loans, never laid or dropped down, never involved in any accidents, heated seats, factory premium radio am-fm, mp3stereo with integrated hand grip controls, electric reverse. My final price is $6,300. Because of my divorce settlement, i own this motorcycle and as a woman without driver license I have no use for it so I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that's why I'm selling it cheaper than other models). Will use PayPal for the sale of the Gold Wing and for our both safety. It is priced for a fast sale. Let me know where are you located and any other details you need about it. Have a great day! Felicia

Pictures available here : Pictures by feliciamarston - Photobucket

The second email reply when I asked where in Dallas the bike was located:

I am now at my parents in Chadwick MO and the motorcycle is here as well. I am using PayPal at my father's advise and this sale will be managed through them since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions. They act as a neutral third party. The motorcycle is currently at the shipping company along with all its documents and once I find a buyer for it, the delivery will begin to his address. If you are interested to buy it I am also willing to cut half of the delivery price from the price of the Gold Wing so basically you will pay the same price but with delivery included to your address. You will have a 5 days inspection period to decide whether you want to keep it or not. In case you want to keep it, you will notify PayPal, they will forward the payment details to me and our transaction will be completed successfully. If by any reason, the motorcycle is not like I described, or you decide that it's not what you wanted to buy, you will notify PayPal, they will refund your money and one of the shipping company agents will come and take my Gold Wing back to their headquarter. You will not be charged for delivery back in case you change your mind.

In case you are happy with the PayPal procedure please send me your name and address so that I can open a transaction at PayPal and to move forward with this sale. After the transaction will begin, they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).
I look forward to hear soon from you.
Thanks in advance,
Felicia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on the wording of the first response you got back, I would say it is the same person.....

Wow.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts