Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to check the tension on my drive belt but I can't find the proper procedure anywhere. It's a '21 F3L. My main question is, do you check it with the tire off the ground, on the ground or on the ground loaded? All of these will result in a different reading.

·
Registered
2017 Can Am F 3 Limited 6 speed
127 Posts
No idea of the proper way. I use a Krikit belt tension gauge. On the deck as it sits. I dont have a belt tensioner.

Font Tree Electric blue Rectangle Toy

There is an ap for your phone I seem to have heard mention but know nothing about it.

Gerald.

·
Registered
127 Posts
FWIW. My Krikit lives in my LHS saddlebag along with my pressure gauge. Before each ride I check my tyre pressures with the gauge, not a glance, and spend maybe 15 seconds and check the belt tension.

Grey Vehicle door Door Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
2017 Spyder F3 Limited
9 Posts
Krikit readings of 140 rear wheel off the floor, 160 on the floor have resulted in no belt vibes and no need for one of those belt damper crutches tht can destroy a belt.

·
Registered
2021 F3
12 Posts
I have a tension gauge from my (now defunct) Victory motorcycle that worked okay. And I have a Belt Monkey by Tru-Tension that's easier to use and more accurate.

Operator's Manual doesn't have it, at least for my '21 F3 Standard. Service Manual has the procedures written out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just looked for a Krikit device; saw more than a few different models. My '15 ST is my first bike with a belt drive. Which Krikit model do you use/recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ya welcome. Tip.. When applying the tool to the belt be careful one of your other fingers dosnt make contact with the hot exhaust. Kinda gets your attention real quick. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts