Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light and trans will not shift to 1st or reverse only neutal
..unfortunely no dealer in HONOLULU Hi any advice or person with knowledge of similar..Help
bike only has 12,000 miles...

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
i have the F3 entry model 3 cylinder roots with auto toggle trans
The 1330 engines are not known for using oil but the shifting problems with the auto transmission are
often caused by a low oil level. Have you checked the oil recently ? Using the proper method ??
The transmission shares it's oil with the engine.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
check oil... double check half quart ...started engine toggle switch engages shift R to first...does not engage with engine
Explain all of those abbreviated sentences, please.
Just guessing at what you mean:
If it shows a half a quart low when cold, it might actually be a quart or more low if you check it right.

AND if you "just had it serviced", then it should go BACK to that shop to fix the problem and that probably will require a "tow".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a check engine light and trans will not shift to 1st or reverse only neutal
..unfortunely no dealer in HONOLULU Hi any advice or person with knowledge of similar..Help
bike only has 12,000 miles...
I would check around at some bike shops. They may not be a can am dealer but 1 of their techs maybe certified :sick:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kinda sounds like it the left switch cluster on the handlebars. It’s a known problem and most likely requires replacement. If out of warranty it’ll be a bit expensive.

·
Registered
2017 Can Am F 3 Limited 6 speed
110 Posts
Ray. If you want some help here you will have stop with abbreviated sentences as Easy Rider has already said

Explain all of those abbreviated sentences, please.
Just guessing at what you mean:

My American could do with some work. No comprendi. or
Aroha mai e hoa. Kare au e marama.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts