Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search of this topic and only found a post from June of 2009!!! I am having problems with the shifting on my 2011 RSS it has e-shift and after a long trip the other day the bike started to act up about 60 miles from home. First it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2cd. Then at one stop it did not downshift on it's own past 4th. (it would work again after shutting it off for a few seconds, but I had to shut it off 4 times to get home!! pretty much everytime I stoped) The bike was bought new only 750 miles on it. The dealer called BRP and they sugested reprograming the computer. I see the post in 2009 referred to selonoid and ground wire problems!!! Has anyone else had this problem??? I am with out my spyder until it goes in the shop next Wed :( I hope the reprogram works!!!

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine's an SM5, so no help there. Sorry to hear about this, but better to be without it for a few days than to have something really bad happen while you're out on it. Let us know whether the reprogramming helps or if they have to do something else to it. :(

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Have your dealer check to make sure that the gear position sensor is talking to the rest of the sensors up front... I'd also check your oil level; if it's low it can make things start flashing...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have your dealer check to make sure that the gear position sensor is talking to the rest of the sensors up front... I'd also check your oil level; if it's low it can make things start flashing...
Thanks will do. No lights are coming on, check engine, oil pressure etc. It was working fine one minute and NOT the next.. Kinda freaked me out:eek: Shifted without a problem the first 700 miles and the last 50 miles AAAUUHH not so good.. With only 750 miles under my belt as a spyder driver.. I thought it was something I was doing wrong... At least my husband was with me on this HD so I had a wittness to this craziness and he explained to the dealer what happened (so I didn't get looked at like I had 3 heads or something;)) not that my anyone at my spyder dealership has done this BUT at other dealers I have gotten "the look" when I try to explain things..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.