Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is my second day driving to work so I am sure that I am doing something wrong, but I am concerned there may be something wrong with my gearbox.

Yesturday, I rode to work and had no problem, when I went to back into my parking spot, I put it in reverse and missed the spot (I am still learning), so I put it in first and pulled forward, tried to put it back in reverse again and it wouldn't go. Instead of my gear, it told me E, stayed that way for about 30 seconds, then went to N, 1 and R all on its own.

This morning, I got off the highway and had to do an emergency stop, I love short stoppers, any way I started downshifting to first and when I got to Third, it did it again E and I could not do anything. I waited 30 seconds and it flashed R and then I was in third again.

Any ideas what that could be?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to Colemans last night, apparently there is a Service Bulletin for the Gearshift Position Sensor. I have an appointment next Wednesday to have the work done. Apparently it is only a problem after long rides because the sensor moves when it gets heated up and can't tell what gear you are in.

They only preform the work on the Service Bulletin, if you come in complaining about the problem, that seems a little wrong to me, but whatever. Can Am is fixing the problem. :D

I don't think the guy that I bought the Spyder from really rode it, OK it was three years old and only had 1,920 miles but still no long trips at all really (by long trips I mean 25 miles at highway speeds)! My first one and I noticed the problem.

I love my Spyder (Billie, I gave her a name);)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts