Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there companion Spyder Loyalists,

Please bear with me for a bit of background::eek:

I have ridden motorcycles for the last 20 years and now own and have ridden a 2008 SM5 since 2009. My girlfriend and I live just south of Olympia, Washington. My GF usually rides her own two wheeler for longer rides. She is almost 6' tall and those long legs make for a cramped ride on the back of my Spyder. We are coming down to Las Vegas from June 17th to the 22nd for her birthday.

I would like to rent an RT for a couple of days to ride around the area while we are in town. We wanted to ride together. We have checked into renting a Spyder in Vegas commercially, and it’s just too expensive and they only have the sport models available. We are looking to rent a Spyder RT (touring model) from a private party in or near Vegas.

We both have motorcycle endorsements, I also have a trike endorsement. We are fully insured. We are mature, responsible homeowners. If you would allow us to rent your Spyder, we would take very good care of it and are willing to sign a rental contract that we can make up, or one of your own design.

If you are not going to ride for a couple of days this would be a great way to earn some extra spending cash in tough economic times.

If you are interested in my proposal, please respond to this post or send an email and we can negotiate a rental rate and details.

Thanks in advance for your response.
In the meantime, keep the rubber to the road and try to keep the bugs on your windscreen!:)

Skinner

·
Registered
284 Posts
Very interesting first post on the forum.

My 2010 RTS is sitting in storage right now in Vegas. $100 a day to rent. $25,000 fully refundable cash deposit required. My insurance is voided if I use it as a rental.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense taken. I attempted to give some background because it was a very different first post. I figured it was a long shot and if I could rent an RT from a business in Vegas I would not have posted it. As I am sure you know yours is not the only Spyder forum. I have been a member of two others for some time. I assumed that your insurance would not cover a situation like this. I checked with my insurance agent and mine would cover it. Back in 2006 I shipped my bike at that time (2005 Harley Ultra Classic) to Vegas and rode to the Laughlin River Run as well as riding for a week all around the countryside. As you know it is a great area to ride in.

Thanks for your efforts as moderator. Sorry to hear you have to store your bike right now.

Skinner

Skinner

·
Registered
284 Posts
I looked into renting a Spyder before I bought one. It's a lot of money to plunk down not knowing if you'd even like the darned thing.

I did find this website... Spyder-Rentals.com [home] First line on their website is, "We are the West Coast's exclusive Spyder Rental company servicing all of California and Las Vegas." I can't attest to pricing or anything, but I figured I'd try to lend a hand after being unable to resist my less than helpful $25,000 cash deposit.

Most insurance does cover renting the bike as a customer. I double checked with my insurance agency and for sure if I rented mine out it is seen as a commercial type transaction and thus not covered if anything happens to it. Just not a risk I can take.

Best of luck finding what ya need. An RTS on the Strip is quite the attention getter. Lots of pointing and camera's flashing. My kiddos try to get me to take them down there all the time at night so they can "feel like movie stars." My daughter says we could be Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus...and no one would know, despite me not having a mullet sticking out from under the helmet.

Good luck. Plenty of fun to be had in Vegas, regardless of what you ride/drive. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts