Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching from the sidelines for about a month, contemplation the purchase of a new 2011 RTS SE5 or Limited. I have decided to take the plunge and purchase. Of coarse over the past month the supply of these models at my local dealer have dropped to the point that they will have to bring in one from other dealers.

I was told the BRP has stopped production on the 2011 models so they won't be getting any new stock from the manufacturer.

I understand that the price one pays for any Spyder is subject to supply and demand, time of year purchased (pre season, in season and post season), region of country, etc.

My question is, based on personal experience or first hand knowledge, can I expect to pay list price or will I be able to possibly get any discount off of list? and if so approx. how much off?

I don't want to leave the dealership with "Sucker" written all over my face if most dealers are discounting off of list during peak season.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

I too have been looking. Central Florida seems to have the best deals. They are talking BRP discounts, no delivery and setup charges. They tellme the time to buy is now.

Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased the RT limited on Long Island last week. We were able to get $2000. off the list price. Also they gave us one helmet free. You can still wheel and deal on accessories if they won,t come down on the bike. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my RTS SE5 4 days ago. Got it for $29K out the door, and 20% off all accessories. I'm happy with the price. Cheaper than any other dealer in SoCal. I too found the supply low in my area. Best purchase I've made. You will love it too! Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not exactly the greatest deal, but decent...C$32,660.00
including all fees and taxes (out the door). :cool:

It's the enjoyment not the price you pay that makes it all worth while. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price Question Follow-up

Well, after reading what others had posted here and other forums, today I decided to "pull the trigger" and go purchase a 2011 Limited. Went in with high hopes, left disappointed.

First, I do understand dealerships need to pay their overhead and make a profit. That said, I negotiated the purchase of the Limited with the 36 month BEST warranty.

As part of the deal I was also going to purchase an outdoor cover, new helmets, blue tooth headsets, which they were going to discount 10%. This was going to be a separate transaction but was not real happy with that part of the deal but was willing to go there if they met my price on the Spyder.

Out the door price is just over $30,800. I had gone in planning to spend no more than $30,500, but they would not budge, so I walked.

Was I being unreasonable?

Also, I had requested getting a 12v plug added to the glove box. They were going to charge almost $200. Seemed high and probably would have passed if we had made a deal on the ride.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was their last limited in stock.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
then you won't get anymore this year. each dealer is only allowed a few of them.

$30k would be a steal as far as I am concerned.

The base price with no options in Canada is $31,500

Mine is going to cost about 37K will all factory options and light mods.
Helmets and intercom systems are being thrown in no charge and so is satellite radio as they made a mistake and thought it was included

For me personally I would pay the $300 but that's me

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Bought my Limited at PVM Powersports in Florence, KY. Got it for under 30 out the door. Don't regret a penny of it...The only pain I had was when they installed the XM satellite radio. According to the Can-Am website, the unit cost $449. My dealer gives me 10% off everything, Whoopie :( . Still, there is a cable that you must have for install of this unit. By the time all was done, it ended up a $700+ option. Still, It is a nice thing to have on a long trip.

If you want the RT, whatever model, get it and don't look back. You'll be glad!! ;) Life is TOO short and being a funeral director, I can testify..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did go back to the dealer yesterday. They agreed to do the 600 service for free and we "got a deal". 2011 RT Limited with 36 BEST warranty, out the door just over $30,700.

Not great deal but since it was their last limited and they had no other SE5, I was happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rt se5-s

Live in NC just bought mine for 26,400 inc tax,title,and 600 mile check-up. I saw
a Limited for 28,900 on ebay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price I paid

Tax (8%) Title License plus a trailer hitch installed on 2011 RT Limited $30,387.00. Plus 20% discount on two Shoie modular helmets and with blue tooth head sets and what ever jackets we want to buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts