Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been interested in the Spyder for some time and I'm planning on hopefully pulling the trigger on one towards the end of this year or worst case early next year. I like to plan ahead thus doing some research.

Will be going through these forums to hopefully learn more about the Spyder. If anyone has a good link to resources I'd appreciate the help. Will be looking to buy used for financial reasons so is there anything specific I should look out for? Problem areas? Recalls?

Will be using it mostly to commute and get around town. Hopefully if all goes well I'll be joining your ranks in the near future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep reading this forum and here are two others for good info:SpyderLovers.com and can-am Spyder forums - spyderTalk.com

I am a newbie to Spyders but a long time 2 wheel rider and the Spyder is definitely a kick-in-the-butt fun ride... not without issues, but they are, after all, machines made by man.. good luck on your research.
Thanks for the links. I'll check it out. I've been riding on two for 3 years now. Use it to commute to work, but usually have to stop during the cold months. Hopefully with the Spyder I can ride year round.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome future Spyder owner

My ’09 Spyder GS SA has been great so far. I commute to work and use it around town just like your looking to do. Not having to balance the bike in stop and go traffic is great :) and the front trunk is very helpful. The ’08 model had the usual first production year issues :( that have been mostly worked out on the –’09 models. The RT models are having the first year issues also but they are being dealt with.

Right now you can get very good pricing on new ’09 models, I’ve heard as low as $11,500. EBay may also have something you like. :D

The forums are a good place for information but please keep in mine that a lot of the posts are people looking for help on issues that have come up. Please don’t let these posts scare you. We’re like a big family trying to help each other. These bikes are a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts