Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined group. My name is Eric and I am from North Carolina. I am getting my Spyder tomorrow!! (Can-Am Spyder GS5 HID Lights - Sport Rack - Back Rest) I found a yellow 2008 dealer demo bike at the local Spyder dealership. It has a few options, it has had the recall fixed and is just like new. Only 1400 miles. I got it at a steal with several extras thrown in!! Can not wait to get it home!

I have had several two wheelers in the past. I would fix up wrecks, ride them for a few weeks and then sell them, but I really like to ride 4 wheelers, and when the Spyders came out a few years back I knew I had to have one!! I think it will be the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
377 Posts
You will not be disappointed. I have a 2009 RS and love it. I had to give it time however. Since you have experience with 4 wheelers (ATV's?) you will not have the transition that I and others with 2 wheel experience had. Now I can't wait to get it on the road if only for a short ride on those days where the weather cooperates. Can't wait until spring. David

13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First trip out!

Just got back from first trip out!! OMG! What a blast!! Only went about 5 miles, but I loved it!! I cannot wait to get really comfortable on this thing!!:)

I was on the county back roads so I did not have to deal with much traffic. That will take sometime to get use to. Also when it is 39 degrees out, PUT ON GLOVES!!:eek:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just got back from first trip out!! OMG! What a blast!! Only went about 5 miles, but I loved it!! I cannot wait to get really comfortable on this thing!!:)

I was on the county back roads so I did not have to deal with much traffic. That will take sometime to get use to. Also when it is 39 degrees out, PUT ON GLOVES!!:eek:
Yeah, gloves would be a good thing. I generally ride when the temps are 40+ and the roads are dry. I really layer the clothing but stay warm. As to city riding vs country riding I personally have found the Spyder easier in town than on the back roads. The wife's Yamaha T-Max which I probably ride more than her is just the opposite. No matter, you're going to love the Spyder. David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Just got back from first trip out!! OMG! What a blast!! Only went about 5 miles, but I loved it!! I cannot wait to get really comfortable on this thing!!:)...QUOTE]
It sounds as if the bite of the Spyder has claimed another victim! :cool:
Take your time and enjoy the re-learning process... If you like riding ATVs then the handling should feel at least somewhat like one of them.
Keep us posted on how you like it! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts