Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

Checking in from East Texas is a super excited for his wife husband. We're taking delivery (or should I say SHE) is taking delivery of her Black 2011 RT-S SE5 here in a few hours :D. We test rode one and was thoroughly impressed and I'm stoked to have a riding partner where we can ride two up comfortably, my triumph isn't so great for that...

Anyway, lurked around here for awhile and figured since we're picking it up today we'd make introductions. Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend... and remember the reason for it too.

cheers!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the community. I've been here for a couple of weeks since I got my Spyder, and there are a ton of friendly and helpful folks here. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, super excited husband!!

Are you going to be driving when you're two-up, or are you planning to ride behind her? Spyders are so much fun, and ABQ is right, the folks here are super friendly and uber helpful!

Be safe out there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whew it's been a good weekend out riding... even though it's getting to be a bit warm in Texas... This thing also seems to be a quite popular oddity. Lots of points and smiles and random conversations. It's pretty great...

Sassapnts we have ridden it everywhere two up thus far... I drove on our way home from the dealer but since we live out in a rural area she's been up front and riding like a champ... so yes, I'm on the back. For once she can ride me around! :D And she's loving it!

NOW she understands the disease that is motorcycling and has the "I have to shine it/clean it everytime I get off it" syndrome... LOL

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
HAHAHAHA!!!! We rode today, and when we got home I told my husband that I was leaving mine out front, she needs a bath. I'm waiting for her to cool off now and then the water hose comes out!

The points, smiles, and random conversations are fun, aren't they? I've had my picture snapped going down the road, as well... by the girl on the back of a bike coming the other direction. The ultimate thumbs up!!! :D

I'm glad she likes it - its definitely an addiction!!!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Am so excited myself looking forward to take delivery of the 2011 RT-Limited that I purchased 3 weeks ago. Planning on picking it up next week when the weather improves, Can't wait! :D

Just wondering if there is a group of Spyder owners/riders in the Greater Vancouver area. Looking forward to hooking up and go for a road trip. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far my hubby has been the one posting, but it's my turn! :p You are all correct! I can't stop smiling! I LOVE my Spyder!!! I am going to have to get used to the Rock Star status but I think that will happen quickly. LOL

I am a little bummed that we didn't buy it sooner so that we could ride more before it gets too hot. But, the fall will be SO AMAZING! We have all summer to plan out all of the amazing road trips we're going to take. :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Benggolf, welcome, and looking forward to pics!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, wife of the husband who is so proud of his wife! :D Glad you're enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! Make sure you plan extra time to get to whatever destination you shoot for... so you aren't late when you have to answer questions and wave for the cameras!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you sassapnts for the welcome. Definitely picking it up this Friday. Will certainly post pictures. Now, I have to link up with Spyder owners here in the Greater Vancouver Area. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You're both welcome! Glad to have you here! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts