Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
There are no real "performance parts" for a Spyder.
The engine is tightly computer controlled and I don't remember seeing any aftermarket "tuners".
Racing intakes and exhausts will just make it illegally loud and probably make it run worse in the RPM ranges where you normally ride.

Do a Google search.
There are things that you can spend your money on.......but they won't really accomplish much.

·
Registered
2017 RTL
1 Posts
There is a controller for the throttle that will feel like an upgrade. Pedal Commander. Lamonster Garbage sells one and so does Slingmods.
check them out may be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coming from a late model BMW and 2018 Goldwing I was very disappointed with the performance of my 21 RTL. My car is faster and the throttle on the Spyder had a REALLY long twist. On my other bikes, I did make performance upgrades (including a full Remus exhaust, engine remapping and air cleaner upgrade on my BMW) - and truth be told, didn't see much actual performance. I looked around, there just isn't much to do for a Spyder - so I agree with Easy Rider. That said, I did get a Pedal Commander and it does feel like an upgrade. I really like it. For me, it makes the riding experience more enjoyable for sure. If you are calculating 0-60 times, it's a waste of money, that is not what it does. Dynojet says they are looking into a module for the Spyder - they make one for other models - I'm keeping my eye on them. :)

·
Registered
2021 F3
4 Posts
There are a few outfits that remap the ECU, like Monster Fuel Injection. There are others but the names escape me right now. Some require you send them the ECU and some will email a downloadable file, I think. It's been a long time since my head was into performance mods - cams, pistons, maps, etc. My '21 F3 is just fine with modified exhaust and a Pedal Commander; it's like the quarter turn throttle rings but better...especially entering highway on-ramps. Turn up the Commander, downshift and hold on...LOL!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It might feel like an upgrade but really isn't.
Unless you are actually drag racing in competition......where a hundredth of a second makes a difference.
I disagree. I installed the Pedal Commander and it makes a huge difference in the feel of the bike. Throttle response is now what you expect from a motorcycle and when in the most aggressive mode, it scares me! Well worth the investment.
You can also change out the exhaust (probably my next mod), but it will only affect the sound from what I can tell.
Put your money into suspension and I would definitely recommend the Pedal Commander. How else do you measure performance without a dyno? It's all about the feel!

·
Registered
5 Posts
With a stop watch maybe ? ;)

If you are happy with it, then it is good for you.
Others may be interested in knowing what it actually DOES though......and what it does not do.
What it does is increase the throttle response.
from a timing perspective, that is going to depend on the rider and there are numerous videos on YouTube you can find with live demos.
From my perspective, the lag that was there when twisting the throttle in all situations (from idle, at speed, etc.) is 100% better and feels like almost instantaneous.
it has a mode where you can turn it off, and the difference is night and day. It is real easy in some modes to break the rear wheel loose, where without it, it is really difficult.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
It is real easy in some modes to break the rear wheel loose, where without it, it is really difficult.
And it will also be real easy to accelerate FASTER than you intend sometimes.
In some situations, that might cause you to lose control and CRASH.
The "nanny" can only do so much and it wasn't designed to deal with that modification.

Like I said, folks considering this mod need to be aware of ALL of the details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts