Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my first ride after installing the Pedal Commander. Certainly don’t recommend the highest setting for pulling out of your garage! Two questions to the group
One. For those aggressive riders,Have you noticed any decrease in gas mileage?
Two. Will the Pedal Commander increase wear and tear on the bike?

Thank you

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,751 Posts
One: Yes, it pretty much HAS to........if you actually use it all the time.

Two: No. Probably not.......unless you BLAST it up to the redline all the time.

It does NOTHING that you can't do yourself by WHACKING the throttle all the way open.

· Registered
2021 F3
15 Posts
Hey Transparent,
I have the PC on my 2021 F3, along with a DynoJet PV. The PC is usually on level 2, maybe 3. I've 'tested' the higher levels and, while they're a total blast, they're not useful for the riding I do. As far as mpg goes, if I didn't have the PC on then I'd just twist the throttle al the more to make up the difference. On that note, no change in mpg if you know what I mean. Some people don't like the PC. But for me, I've ridden bikes with quarter turn throttle rings most of my nearly 60 years of riding so I don't like not having it. The PC is fun and fast just be careful it doesn't get away from you like on turns.

· Registered
2014 Spyder RT Limited SE 6 Silver matte 2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 Bronze Lava Metallic.
41 Posts
I have had the PC on my 2014 RT and love it. Yes, I could just wrap the throttle but it is all about response time. Huge difference. I usually run Sport +1. Anything higher and it causes me grief around town. Takes a bit of getting used to and finding the setting that works best for you. Never really noticed any decrease in gas mileage. Still get 325+ km on the highway per tank with some to spare.

· Registered
4 Posts
I considered the PC but the price was a deterrent. The longer I ride my Spyder Rt the less it seems necessary. Perhaps I am just getting accustomed to it. However, with 38K on it, all things seem better like it finally got broken in. Just a thought. Why pay for something you may not need.

· Premium Member
2020 F3Ltd
18 Posts
It's about WANT not need.
It's also about "Gotta have the latest fad."
Hmmmm! Probably, but what a great addition. Uses more fuel .... if you want to. Quicker off the mark and anywhere else .... if you want to. It's all there to be used according to the ryder's will. I use the Sport setting after having worked my way through to a setting that I am comfortable with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts