Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 F3S Special
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my F3S but in prepping it, the dealer forgot to install the cowling. They subsequently shipped it to me and it readily goes where the passenger seat was. It also came with some hardware to eliminate the grab rails but I elected to keep them on. It also came with two bolts about 2 inches long, two nuts encased in plastic, two washers and two aluminum cylinders about 1 1/4 inches long. I have no idea what purpose they serve and the limited documentation I got from the dealer makes no mention of them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Wood Tool Household hardware Auto part Circle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my F3S but in prepping it, the dealer forgot to install the cowling. They subsequently shipped it to me and it readily goes where the passenger seat was. It also came with some hardware to eliminate the grab rails but I elected to keep them on. It also came with two bolts about 2 inches long, two nuts encased in plastic, two washers and two aluminum cylinders about 1 1/4 inches long. I have no idea what purpose they serve and the limited documentation I got from the dealer makes no mention of them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
View attachment 7025
I was looking for grab rails as I think it looks way better and is usable with the cowl on the back. Please post a picture when you get everything mounted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went to remove the passenger pegs and put the foot rest trim on and it looks great on the right side, the left side was torqued so hard I cannot remove the peg..... Damn you BRP! Now I will have to cut the dang thing off and get another peg later if I need it. Plan on drilling the allen head as much as I can and then slowly cut the peg near the bolt until I can get it off the barrel insert. Going to take a while to make sure there is no frame damage in this high visibility area :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I saw a video that you have to add some heat to the bolts to remove the passenger foot pegs. If I find it I will post back. Thought it was a strange procedure, but nothing surprises me about some of the odd engineering on these trikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts