Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a Spyder RT. My husband is interested in adding a backrest but worries that I won’t be able to ride with the back rest on. What are your experiences? Can a passenger ride comfortably with a driver backrest on?

·
Registered
22 Posts
We recently purchased a Spyder RT. My husband is interested in adding a backrest but worries that I won’t be able to ride with the back rest on. What are your experiences? Can a passenger ride comfortably with a driver backrest on?
I omlc
I almost always ride with my wife, I have installed a Utopia driver's backrest and she never has a problem riding with me in complete comfort.
FlyBoy2121

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a 2017 Spyder RT Limited with a Can Am OEM backrest. My 5'2", 190 lb wife has no problem riding comfortably behind me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In addition to being comfortable for the ride, check out whether or not you can get on and off the bike with the driver's backrest in position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In addition to being comfortable for the ride, check out whether or not you can get on and off the bike with the driver's backrest in position.
Good point although the Can Am OEM backrest is spring loaded so it folds down making it easier for the passenger to geton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good point although the Can Am OEM backrest is spring loaded so it folds down making it easier for the passenger to geton.
I just installed the adjustable backrest, SKU 219400957, on my STS. I previously installed the passenger armrests. My wife gets on and off easily folding the backrest down and/or rotating an armrest out. The backrest was included when I negotiated the deal, but it was backordered nine weeks. I notice the Can-Am website still says “coming soon.”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts