Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Spyder environment. I have a RT-S.:) Wondering if I made the right choice. Last bike was an Electraglide but found that too much for my bad left foot and leg. Owners manual says that the Spyder will not corner as well as a motorcycle.:( Is that so? Weather in MN has not been too great to get out there this past week.

· Registered
28 Posts
New to the Spyder environment. I have a RT-S.:) Wondering if I made the right choice. Last bike was an Electraglide but found that too much for my bad left foot and leg. Owners manual says that the Spyder will not corner as well as a motorcycle.:( Is that so? Weather in MN has not been too great to get out there this past week.

My last bike was also a HD Ultra Classic. It was getting harder to hold up at stops with a passenger. Decided to sell it and go with a RT Limited. I have had it for a week now and have only been able to put on around 300 miles. So far I am really happy with the RT. Just had to get used to the steering. Now I feel very comfortable riding it and I can honestly say it is the best ride I have ever owned. As far as cornering I no problem with tight quick turns. Just have to lean into the turn since the bike doesn't. Two wheels are great but this is better. :):) Just have to get it back from the service department. Think I have a bad battery or poor battery connection.

· Registered
377 Posts
You made a wise choice. No, the Spyder doesn't corner or turn as easily as a motorcycle in most situations. At low speed (in stop and go city traffic or Walmart parking lot) it handles better than a motorcycle. At speed or in the twisties as has been said here many times you just have to not only turn the front wheels but you personally have to lean into the turn. It is also going to take more physical effort with the arms and shoulders to make that turn. The bottom line: There are many more plus' to the Spyder than negatives. I have an RS and love it. David

· Registered
1,031 Posts
If you drop your butt off the inside side of the bike in a turn, it makes the turn much easier on your body and natural in the turning of the handlebars. You may still have to slow down a little more than you did on the motorcycles, but in my humble opinion its worth the trade to not fight holding it up when centrifugal force isn't helping anyway.

Welcome!!

· Registered
1,031 Posts
This time of year is a trial to those of us who have to work and drool over the weather while we're doing it. Soon!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.