Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,665 Posts
I understand your current frustration BUT.......
This is NOT a common problem with Spyders.
It might be as simple as the dealer not filling the radiator properly.

Almost every machine ever created has a few units that suffer "infant mortality" when new.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,665 Posts
I checked the fluid once it cooled, it appeared to be full. Also could hear the fan turn but felt no air, sounded like it was moving air but just could not feel it. When the dealer showed up to pick it up they looked at it and it was also throwing a "USB Malfunction" error repeatedly. Frustration level was high on the side of the road, contemplated just turning around but at the point it was at I was lucky to move it 1 mile before it started over heating again. We have plans on getting a second one but cant get it local. We will see what they say on Tuesday if we take delivery a 2nd time. Sure is a nice riding day out there.....
If the fan runs while standing still........it runs BACKWARDS and blows out the front.
That is to keep from cooking the rider.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the fan runs while standing still........it runs BACKWARDS and blows out the front.
That is to keep from cooking the rider.
I had read that somewhere while we are on the side of the road, I checked all around and felt nothing. It seemed like the fam did not stay on very long even though it said it was over heated. We have decided we are still going to pick up the Black/Blue 2022 F3S on Friday (Mountain Motorsports Lithia Springs GA), never got mine back

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well today's update was not what I wanted but what can I do? The service technician re-flashed the software and took it for a ride (they have more miles on this new Spyder than I do at this point) and it again reports its over heating and throws the code. When they check the cooling system and temperature with an external test, it is not overheating. They claim they are waiting on BRP to respond about the issue but in the mean time we are still without the NEW Spyder we purchased. They believe it to be a sensor but will not replace it until BRP gets back with them. I am supposed to get another update by noon tomorrow and are giving me a parts credit for my hassle. I believe we will insist they cancel this purchase if they say they still have not heard back from BRP. Thing is we are supposed to go get Spyder number two on Friday for her from another dealer farther away that has both the black and the green, cancel this transaction and buy the two from the other dealer? Screwing with an excellent credit score (zero interest offer) but damn, we just one that will make it more than 12 miles without a failure indication....

Very frustrating at this point, sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Reached out to BRP and let them know what was going on, they are looking into it. I doubt they are going to get anything done by 12:00 as its already 11:52 but the dealer said they would contact me before noon today as well and they are looking like they will fail as well.

Luck of the draw on product, quality, dealership (Freedom Powersports, Huntsville - Buyer Beware), and empty promises.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To add insult to injury to this situation, we have the best riding weather today and Friday we have had all summer, I took Friday off to get the wife her Spyder and both of us go for a break in ride.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, lets try this again from another dealer. Local dealer says BRP is not replying to the service department. BRP says they are looking into it. NOTHING has been done and ZERO estimate on a resolution. Cancelled the entire thing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts