Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious on what everyone has paid out the door for their Spyders. What model they bought and in what State. When I buy mine, I do not want to overpay.

Also, what did it cost to get tags in your State for your Spyder? I live in Colorado and they go off of the value of what you are buying so I was quoted around $600.00 for tags each year if I register the Spyder in State. I about choked because back home in California, bike registration is totally different and I was told out there it is maybe $100.00 a year if even that. As a result, I am going to be registering mine out of State but would like to know what States have the best prices for Spyder registration.

Oh yeah, on the extended warranties, if anyone bought them, around what do they cost too so I can decide if I want to add one or not.
Thanks everybody.
Jay

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I would like to help but I live in Canada where things are totally different

But to help we would need to know what model you are thinking of getting?

also new/used

There is a huge price difference between a base model and top of the line

Do some research too most basic prices are online, then just need to find a good dealer to work with

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to help but I live in Canada where things are totally different

But to help we would need to know what model you are thinking of getting?

also new/used

There is a huge price difference between a base model and top of the line

Do some research too most basic prices are online, then just need to find a good dealer to work with
I'm still undecided as to what model I am going to buy? That is why I would like to know what everyone has paid for their models out the door both new and used too because I may go the used route if I find a good enough deal.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I think it would be better to figure out what kind of ryding you be doing

each one has it's good points and bad points

personally I bought a 2011 RT Ltd as I normally have a passenger with me so comfort for 2 was a must.

We will also be touring a lot this year.

mine was $32K Cdn brand new.. right now it's worth about $45k Cdn with everything that's been done to it

but look around on the net and see what's out there

·
Registered
284 Posts
My 2010 RTS here in Vegas would be $600+ to register if I didn't have a military exemption. That seems ridiculously high.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2010 RTS here in Vegas would be $600+ to register if I didn't have a military exemption. That seems ridiculously high.

My Mom and Stepdad live in Vegas and I can't believe the price on certain things. I agree though that auto registration is ridiculous.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
registration?

huh?

does the insurance cost above that?

insurance here is expensive.. costs me about $700 for 9 months for "basic" insurance

then nother $1000 or so for 12 months for everything else

·
Registered
284 Posts
My little renewal card sure enough said $600+. My other vehicles I think were between $100-$200. Since I don't have to pay the high prices, I didn't bother to ask the Spyder was so expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On a RT-Limited, for insurance, I was quoted just under $30.00 a month for full coverage. I didn't think that was too bad. My ATV's are also pretty cheap for full coverage too. The registration though really ticks me off with wanting to charge as much as they want to for it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wow 600 a year for registration? I just did a 2 year registration in Idaho for less than 120. Insurance runs 375 a full year with State Farm. Including sales tax my 2010 out the door was right at 17K but that included the cover, two helmets, one set of gloves and that hugly expensive (400 plus) BRP back rest.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here's the estimate from the Nevada DMV page for my 2010 RTS...

State of Nevada Vehicle Registration Fee Estimate
This is the information that you provided
Vehicle Identification Number: xxxxxxxx
Vehicle Type: Motorcycle
Vehicle Year: 2010
Vehicle Make: brp
Gross Weight Range(lbs.): n/a
Unladen Weight (lbs.): n/a
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $26499
County: CLARK
A Vehicle Identification Number search returned the following
Vehicle Year: 2010
Vehicle Make: BOMB/A4AE
Gross Weight (lbs.): n/a
Unladen Weight (lbs.): n/a
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price:
$26499.00
Approximate Fee Breakdown As of Monday, March 19, 2012
Basic Registration Fee: $33
Governmental Services Tax: $315
Supplemental Gov. Services Tax: $79
Motor Safety Fee: $6
Total Estimated Registration Fees: $433

The site says this is an estimate. Though I don't have my reregistration card, I know the bottom line was over $600. Dang straight it's ridiculous! At least I didn't have to get it smogged. LOL.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Paladin, down here in the States we have to register our vehicles, and to do that we have to show proof of insurance. Totally separate cost, the two.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Sass is right...
The registration fees are set by the State in which you live based upon how much money they think they can get from you before things start getting ugly... :D (It actually has more to do with how the State collects fees and taxes to fund itself...)
Insurance costs are based upon quite a few factors that it'd take an actuary to explain... :eek:
They include;
Where you live
Driving record
Type of motorcycle and its value...
My RT currently costs me $525 for full coverage, but I've written policies for RS owners that were less than $230...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ahhh

Thx Sass

here in BC ( not sure about the other provinces) since we have a Gov. monoply on basic car insurance ( we can get private for all the extras) your insurance IS your registration

that would be weird having to reg it every year then insure it on top of that

ACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts