Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to have to trade my Spyder in already. Went out for the first time on a short self-orientation ride,and was bombarded with questions and heads that swiveled 180 degrees as I went by. I'm afraid I'm going to cause an accident. Mayhem in my small town. :) I wish I had one of these when I was younger. Did I mention chick magnet as well. :D.

After a few runs, I think I'm getting more comfortable and Stopped grabbing for the brakes! Looking forward to getting out more. This is fun. Yipee!!!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I hear you! We've had to extend our travel time estimate and leave home earlier if we're meeting people or have a scheduled time to be somewhere, to answer questions and talk to people about the Spyder.

Maybe we should make flash cards... :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know the feeling. I like the questions myself and I enjoy all the attention and meeting new people. The wife on the other hand would rather just keep going and ignore them. She's not unfriendly, she just tires of the questions and since she has heard them all before...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Being a widow for nearly 3 yrs., I am hoping it will be a 'man' magnet. lol
Can't wait to try it out once they figure out why it won't start. Got 'em baffled.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I been having my bike for about 3 weeks now almost a month on June 2nd

I left work tonight. I could not get out the parking lot when I was stopped by 2 ppl that work there and said they had to watch me take off. OK then i get to the red light because I was heading over to the cvs to pic something up.The guy in the truck rolls down the window at the light as says. nice looking bike mam.. Took off got to the cvs and as I was parking the bike someone pulls up next to me and comes around say wow.. what is that? That sure is a beautiful looking bike. I go in the store get what I needed and get back on the bike backing out and a lady yells from across the parking lot at me.. I love your bike that is so nice. Made it home and i am exhausted.. lol

It def is an atten getter and ppl are turning their heads just like the OP says.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went to my son's graduation last night, his first time on the bike, I had so many people around asking question and looking over the bike the pastor came out ( small Christian school ) wanting to know where everyone had gone too because it was time to get started, he came out to get everyone in there but was so impressed by the bike the ceremony started 20 minutes late because we couldent get him back inside lol. I never get tired of it and I just have a base sm5 I can just think what its like with Rt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds like everyone is hitting the nail on the head! I have had my Spyder for a couple weeks now. I have ridden it into work every day this week, and every single day someone somewhere has stopped me to ask questions. I was even walking through Lowe's the other day and somebody stopped me in the middle of the aisle and said, "excuse me sir, is that your Can Am outside?". I was like "really??" (in my head). It's definitely an attention getter. It's fun to meet so many people and talk about it. I'm in a city of about 700,000 people and I know there are other Spyders out there--I just never see them. So I know how people feel--it's new and exciting to them. After I left Lowe's I went to get gas...and again, a guy comes from 2 pumps over to ask about it. Then on my way back to the office at a red light, another guy rolls down his window and starts asking all kinds of questions. Pretty funny. :)

Andy

One more note: Riding by an elementary school is a whole new experience. I went to see my daughter today at school, and all the kids on the playground just stopped and watched mouths wide open as I rode by. It was pretty funny to see that happen.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I took mine out tonight and gassed up, and was feeling invisible when no one stopped to ask about it. I pulled away from the pump and over to the side to record my numbers and reset the meter, and a pickup rolled by, driven by a lady with a man in the passenger seat... the lady slowed down, gave me a huge smile and a thumbs up, so I waved. Her husband waved back, not understanding why I was waving in the first place.

There was a taxi at the WalMart when I walked back out after my purchases, and I had a nice discussion with him all about the Spyder, too. Good thing I never get tired of talking about it!!! :D

LilRed, no worries, its a man magnet as much as it is a chick magnet - they all want to talk to you about it!!! Here's hoping you find someone who enjoys conversating with you about other things, as well!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts