Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Alabama was the only one here without a post so here goes;

I am Dee from Trussville Alabama, I took delivery of my 2011 Black RTS last Wednesday. I am loving it, just under 300 miles but that's only because I have to work:(. I expect that to increase this weekend. Hope the weather guys miss it and we don't get a lot of rain. Otherwise, I will just be a wet sypder rider from Alabama

Others from Alabama???

·
Registered
55 Posts
I noticed that Alabama was the only one here without a post so here goes;

I am Dee from Trussville Alabama, I took delivery of my 2011 Black RTS last Wednesday. I am loving it, just under 300 miles but that's only because I have to work:(. I expect that to increase this weekend. Hope the weather guys miss it and we don't get a lot of rain. Otherwise, I will just be a wet sypder rider from Alabama

Others from Alabama???
Hey Dee , I have not taken my 2011 Spyder RSS to work the last 2 days because of the weather. I think we got our bikes at or around the same time. I got mine on a Monday May 2nd and I have about 305 miles on it so far. I Plan on putting some miles on it tommorow because I am working the overnight shift so I can get some riding in. I am afraid to get my Spyder wet.. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Spydergirl,

I have never rode on wet roads yet so I am a little nervous about that but after a long week at work I know I will have to get out and ride and the chances of a thunder shower is pretty good this weekend.

I am also still a little concerned about s squeeky sound in my front end (tire area) especially when the bike is cold. I know I need to take it to the dealer but that's about two hours away and I hate to be without the bike while its in the shop. Hubby thinks it may be a drive belt and I am not sure if it will hurt the bike to ride it before it is diagnosed,:(

Anyway, I hope you (and all our Spyder friends) get to ride and not get wet this weekend.

Dee

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Spyder on a wet road is as safe as a car although your nanny (VSS, traction control) may kick in a lot depending on conditions. It sometimes gets aggravating but it can save your butt. I don't like riding in the wet either but the reason is that I know I will have to wash it and washing the Spyder is more trouble that washing the car. David

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Looks like no one has responded to this thread in years, but you now have another Alabama rider (North Shelby county, not far from Trussville). Send a PM sometime.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
This Saturday there is a Spyder ride to and around Cheaha state park sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Spyder ... something or other. Here is a quote from their website.

A scenic ride from Sylacauga through Cheaha State Park and back around to the Covered Bridge at Waldo / Riddle Mill. Lunch at the Old Mill at the Waldo / Riddle Mill Covered Bridge. From there we will go to the Kymulga Coverd Bridge and then back to Chelsea.

Riders from the Birmingham area who want to ride in a group from Birmingham we will meet at 8:00 am at the intersection of Hwy 280 and Hwy 119. There is a large gas station there, I think it is a Shell station.
Please RSVP so we can give the restaurant a total before we get there.

I think this is where you can register.

SCENIC RIDE AROUND CHEAHA STATE PARK - Tennessee Valley Spyder Ryder of America (Birmingham, AL) - Meetup

Hope you can make it.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Incredibly fun ride Saturday with the Tennessee Valley Spyder Ryder of America group. 20+ Spyders and a couple of two wheelers on some great roads up to Mt. Cheaha, to Waldo at a mom & pop restaurant. Ursamajor went with us, lots of fun. ImageUploadedByMO Free1414001960.365677.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1414001985.379720.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1414002003.224444.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts