Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received new used 09 SM5.I noticed the oil light is on but will go off once the bike is started.How do I reset the computer.The oil was low but is now at level.

Thanks, pageme1911

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There may be instructions on that in the manual - flip through the index, see if there's anything there. Otherwise, someone will be along that can help you, shouldn't be long now!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just received new used 09 SM5.I noticed the oil light is on but will go off once the bike is started.How do I reset the computer.The oil was low but is now at level.

Thanks, pageme1911
Prior to starting the engine there is no oil pressure so the oil pressure light will be on. Once started the light should go off right away.

After changing the oil the light may stay on a for few more seconds until the oil has had a chance to work is't way throughout the engine and build the oil pressure up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oil light on before starting.

The light being on prior to starting also lets you know the light is working and will come on indicating an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks, pageme1911
Thanks to all, I just wanted to make sure I did not have a problem and that this was normal.

pageme1911:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts