CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day... New guy here... My wife and I looked at an RT-S for the first time yesterday and fell in love with it.

Well I am accustomed to doing my general maintenance. When we spoke to the dealer yesterday (Who was BTW very helpful an many ways, and kind) one item mentioned has taken us by surprise and has us hesitant.

Basically they said in order to change the oil you practically have to remove the majority of the body parts. It is a three to four hour process to just change your oil. We charge around $200 or so to do that for you here....

So is that true? :eek:

Thank you in advance for your time.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't changed the oil in mine yet, but I have installed an auxiliary fuse box, intercom and satellite radio. Had all of the plastic off of the left side several times. It is not that hard. No way is it several hours worth of work. It's really not that hard at all. The first time is somewhat intimidating, just take your time. The second and third time, you're a pro at it.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I found the Owners Manual online... Read up on it from there. Looks to me to be rather easy. Of course this is coming from a person with limited mechanical knowledge, but I have replaced a few engines in my time and this looks easy.

Besides.... Better to know how to take it apart. You never know when that knowledge might come in handy... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts