Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a rumor that due to needing a special tool to do oil changes, only dealers can do them. True? Another rumor is you have to buy tires from Can Am due to the odd sizes. True? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never heard of any special tool for oil change. Did mine recently no special tool involved.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also not ture on the tire statement either. A dealer might refuse to put anything other than the stock tire.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, my neighbor owned one a few years back with the twin motor and that's what he told me after he sold it. Not the first time he's fed me BS.

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
Heard a rumor that due to needing a special tool to do oil changes, only dealers can do them. True? Another rumor is you have to buy tires from Can Am due to the odd sizes. True? Thanks!
NO. Both wrong.
But those kinds of lies are common with Spyder dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have a modicum of mechanical ability and the proper tools, none of them uncommon, one can change the oil and filter on any Spyder. That means, for example with the 1330 ACE engine, T30 & T45 Torx bits, 6mm Allen bit and 36mm socket along with the appropriate ratchet with a couple of different extensions to make the job a bit easier. If one is a stickler for details a torque wrench is necessary but most folks don't use one from what I read. The ability to read and follow directions helps, but watching videos can solve that problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts