Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my break in oil change late last year, last week I had 3500 miles on it so time to change again, they looked on the PC for recalls, found one (ECM update), something to do with fuel delivery I think, no charge on that, but $123 charge for oil change, I guess I am going to have to learn how to do it myself. By the way, I have a Can-Am Spyder RT 2011, I saw on here somewhere about the millage, I started out 33 MPG, my last check was 37 MPG, My riding pardner says I ride like an old man, and I am at 73.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The $123 for an oil change might sound high but most are charging about $150 and higher on an RT. The shop labor is just one part of the cost. The oil and filters can add up to $75 alone. I do my own oil changes and get my supplies from Bajaron at

New sponsor here for Filters & Helmets

37 mpg on an RT sound great! I'm leaving for Spyderfest on Friday and wish I could get that milage on my GS. Plan on about 3000+ miles over the next week. (I do get better milage when my wife is on the back, something to do with the governor I think, she hits me if I go too fast.:D)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had my break in oil change late last year, last week I had 3500 miles on it so time to change again, they looked on the PC for recalls, found one (ECM update), something to do with fuel delivery I think, no charge on that, but $123 charge for oil change, I guess I am going to have to learn how to do it myself. By the way, I have a Can-Am Spyder RT 2011, I saw on here somewhere about the millage, I started out 33 MPG, my last check was 37 MPG, My riding pardner says I ride like an old man, and I am at 73.
73 years old and riding a Can-Am Spyder, your one cool grandpa!

Did you ask about any metal shavings after the break in oil change. I heard new engines sometimes need a few oil to completely drain most metal shavings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oil Change

I just had my second oil change. (The first by the dealer for warrenty, over three hundred, said they have to go thur the bike) The 2nd by a shop for $70 plus I brought $60 in oil and filters. Good idea to check how much metal the plug catches. I had some on the engine and none on the transmission. They said that's good. if your dealer did it for that price is pretty good I think.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts