Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got the first Nyte Spyder video done

There will be another once the last set of lights get install and that will be a different format all together.

I hope you like my "baby"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig24prA-kNE]NyteSpyder1 - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL !!!!!

thx everyone

I thought that music would be good for this one

wait till you see the next one.. then I play that one..

Guy at Tricled said I was going to need a bunch of new batteries for the bike because of watching the light show every night during the winter

hehe

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
WOW, Paladin!!

I really like the turn signals. As far as the lights in the "teeth," is that with your brights on or was that regular lights? Have you had anyone drive in front of you and give you feedback as far as blinding them goes? I know how I hate to be blinded in my rear view at night and though I love the way your Spyder looks, I'd be hesitant to add that particular detail without knowing what it does to other drivers in front of me. Let me know if you perform that particular check, please? :)

Having said all of that, I really like the way it turned out!!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
those lights are called Dayrunners and are on all the time i tend to think of them like most people for some stoopid reason have either their fog lights or their driving lights on at all times, I don't think they know how to turn them off.

but since the bulbs are actually pointing down most of the glare goes on the road directly in front of the bike. I upped some pics of them up close

I guess one could put in a switch, but most come that way..

so far have not had any complaints, even the cops said they liked all the lights and the way it sticks out like a sore thumb

everyonce in a while I get the knucklehead who flashes his high beam at me but I just flash mine back and they shut up.. hehe

·
Registered
94 Posts
wow

you will never get missed at night - looks great - all of that would allay my fear of riding at night! had a couple of near misses on my motorcycle that made me very nervous riding at night. I want all that!!!! did you put all the extras on yourself or did GVPS do it - just got my 2010 RT SE5 from them a week ago and have made myself get home before dark each day!

Look forward to seeing you on the road. Am in the tri-cities area myself.

Cheers

Jane

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks for the added info, and the pics. I'm guessing they don't sell anything like that for the RS - no place to put them like there is on the RT... though it wouldn't hurt to check, I suppose! Sounds like something for the Winter tinkering!!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the day runners for the RS are wicked !!!!

there are 2 kinds .. one that goes on the lower struts or around the front end

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GVPS did most of them, I did the fender lights and the tech who used to work at GVPS did some more

I would try do most but it means taking off panels and finding the proper electrical under there, so would rather have some one who knows what they are doing do the hard stuff

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup EVERYTHING I have will work on the RS

day runners only things that are a bit different

as I said there are 2 sets for the signal/running lights

one for running lights only and another that combines both, these are a bit more exoensive but well worthe the extra few buck as far as I am concerned

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts