Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2010 RS yesterday on somewhat of a whim. Sold my 109R last spring and have been without a bike. Went in to just kill a little time and... Anyhow, got a little over 100 miles on it so far and am enjoying it so far! Wish I'd found this place earlier and did a little research before I did the impulse thing, I'd have been a little more prepared:) Here's my initial observations, if anyone can provide input guidance to make the experience great I'd appreciate it:)

First of all I'm definitely digging it, going to be a bit longer before I instinctively stop reaching for the clutch/front brake:)

- After the first 30 miles I discovered the hot foot issue, already ordered the goods to get that solved.

- The exhaust makes me feel like I'm riding a four wheeler... Will need to make some adjustments here, any input? (my 109R had hard chrome 2-1 and was loud, not looking for that, something a bit more refined perhaps)

- Seems kind of slow from a standing stop, is that normal?

- Getting a squeal (brake?) on downshift between 3000 and 2000 rpm. Plan to take it in to have it looked at. Any thoughts/ideas?

- It came a with some accessories I don't necessarily want/need. Would these be easy to sell?
* Air deflectors/dam that sit directly under the windshield
* Rigid removable saddlebags

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the show! :D So this was an "impulse buy??" Nice! :cool: If I ever got myself that "impulsed", my Missus would kick the ideas out of me.... :eek:
Can Am offers an exhaust by Hindle that sounds pretty nice; check it out!
Parts can always be sold, but you might want to hang on to the bags because you never know what you might want to carry in the future...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, S!

Give it a couple hundred miles before you stop reaching for the hand brake every time... you'll get there!

I agree with Bob on hanging on to the saddlebags - they may come in handy.

Other than that, the others will have to help you, I can just say "post pics"!!!

Sass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.