Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2010 RS yesterday on somewhat of a whim. Sold my 109R last spring and have been without a bike. Went in to just kill a little time and... Anyhow, got a little over 100 miles on it so far and am enjoying it so far! Wish I'd found this place earlier and did a little research before I did the impulse thing, I'd have been a little more prepared:) Here's my initial observations, if anyone can provide input guidance to make the experience great I'd appreciate it:)

First of all I'm definitely digging it, going to be a bit longer before I instinctively stop reaching for the clutch/front brake:)

- After the first 30 miles I discovered the hot foot issue, already ordered the goods to get that solved.

- The exhaust makes me feel like I'm riding a four wheeler... Will need to make some adjustments here, any input? (my 109R had hard chrome 2-1 and was loud, not looking for that, something a bit more refined perhaps)

- Seems kind of slow from a standing stop, is that normal?

- Getting a squeal (brake?) on downshift between 3000 and 2000 rpm. Plan to take it in to have it looked at. Any thoughts/ideas?

- It came a with some accessories I don't necessarily want/need. Would these be easy to sell?
* Air deflectors/dam that sit directly under the windshield
* Rigid removable saddlebags

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob, will definitely check out the Hindle! I'm free from a missus so I get to do these crazy things:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, S!

Give it a couple hundred miles before you stop reaching for the hand brake every time... you'll get there!

I agree with Bob on hanging on to the saddlebags - they may come in handy.

Other than that, the others will have to help you, I can just say "post pics"!!!

Sass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts