Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2021F3 spider is very noisy. It sounds like I’m in the New York City subway or I’m sitting on a Diesel engine. I would like it to be as quiet as a Honda Motorcycle. Has anyone else managed this problem successfully? It’s no fun to ride with the excessive noise. Ideling I get a noise level reading of 80 DB.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,253 Posts
Go BACK to the dealer that you bought it from and insist that they put the STOCK muffler back on it........instead of that after-market "sport" one that it has now.

OR that they inspect it to find which exhaust fitting has come loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go BACK to the dealer that you bought it from and insist that they put the STOCK muffler back on it........instead of that after-market "sport" one that it has now.

Thanks - I will go the dealer. I think (?) the Spyder has a stock muffler. My issue is the shrill engine noise and the sound like a diesel engine when it's idling (sound level is about 80DB idling and louder as I give it the gas). Bike just passed 1000 miles on the odometer. One person said it takes a while for the transmission gears to seat(?).

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,253 Posts
One person said it takes a while for the transmission gears to seat(?).
No, that one person would be wrong.

The exhaust noise probably can be fixed. When stock, they are very quiet.
I think BRP has two "stock" mufflers available.
One is what most come with and is very quiet.
The other is a "sport" model and is not very quiet at all.
How far away from the exhaust did you measure that 80 db ??

The whine kind of goes with ANY motorcycle, mostly because of the manual transmission and how close you are sitting to the mechanics. I doubt that can be fixed.
And yes, even though you have semi-automatic shifting, most of the transmission is the same as manual models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts