Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2022 Spyder RT Limited
4 Posts
Just watching a Youtube video that said the 2022 Spyder RTL does NOT have self-cancelling turn signals?? Can that be in this day & age!
Just watching a Youtube video that said the 2022 Spyder RTL does NOT have self-cancelling turn signals?? Can that be in this day & age!
It does have them

· Registered
113 Posts
My new Spyder does have self canceling turn signals when turning a corner, but when not turning, like signaling to pass someone will not self cancel ( rather half assed if you ask me
Actually, they should time out after a set period of time, maybe 30 seconds.

Yep, just checked my manual (2018), the turn signal will self cancel 30 seconds after the Spyder is moving.

· Registered
4 Posts
No it wouldn't.
In many situations, you should signal for your turn longer than 10 seconds.

You DO know that you can cancel it yourself......right ??
I agree, I hate it when someones signals at the exact same time they are going to make a lane change... The turn signal should be used to let others know what you intend to do and give them plenty of time to react... They should have enough time to either speed up or slow down to let you in... 10 seconds isn't enough time for others to react... Just my opinion.

· Registered
2022 CanAm Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky
3 Posts
My new Spyder does have self canceling turn signals when turning a corner, but when not turning, like signaling to pass someone will not self cancel ( rather half assed if you ask me
My 2022 S2S has self cancelling signals and they do cancel if you just change lanes. They are on a timer or distance and take a while but they do self cancel, eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts