Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a spot on the front that a 12" light fits very nicely. Trying to convince Reggy at TricLed to make a knight rider mod for me so this light bounces back and forth here like KITT.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I could make it do that, but only if there are 8 LED segments in the string. One of the programs for the Butterfly microcontroller does that with 8 LED lights.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I have seen a place that sells those

I have one that is just white and does not move..

I would be very carefull with something like that.. police may not like the distraction it could cause

I am not on my main comp right now, I should get it back tomorrow.. I will check to see if i still have a addy fot it

·
Registered
570 Posts
With white lights, it may be legal, similar to the headlight modulator products. The federal law states it has to modulate 240 cycles per minute +/- 40 cycles. Also, can not modulate the headlight at night. With red lights, it would be a problem I am sure.

With the Butterfly controller, you could program many different lighting settings. daytime running lights (all lights on steady), off, Knight Rider, all flashing, random flashing patters....

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I'm not sure you could get away with a " modulated " headlight either as they are not supposed to be able to run at night, that's why they have a sensor to make sure they don't operate at night

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
true, but means another switch of some sort and then possibly another just to turn the lights on/off

seems to be such a hassle for a "conversation" piece . I guess maybe on a show bike that never gets ridden

1 - 11 of 11 Posts