Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new proud owner of a used 2008 GS black & yellow. I have driven/rode it quite a bit since I got it and I love it! Certainly a life changer and try to find every excuse to go out and ride.

I have a newbie question. I tried cleaning my windshield, and the newbie in me used a paper towel, and I'm afraid I scratched the windshield a bit with a whole bunch of light scratches. I'm not sure if the scratches were already there since it came with bugs, heheh from the delivery. But man these windshields seem to scratch easily. Unknowingly, before reading the warning label on the windshield, I also used Windex to clean it at first. :eek:

How many of you guys have these light scratches on your spyder windshields? Is it an annoyance to you or do you just live with it?

It is great to be part of this community and the attention the spyder gets is awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have found that Windex smears more than it cleans. I wash the Yamaha and Spyder with the same stuff I use on the car and truck - Turtle Wax brand Zip Wax soap. When the windshields or the faceshields on the helmets need cleaning I just wet a wash mitt and suds it up a bit with a little Zip and wipe clean. Of course you have to have a dry, soft towel handy to dry the surface immediately. David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to the group!! I've got an '08 black and yellow RS and love it, too. I agree as far as the slight scratches go... they'll end up there over time anyway. You don't look through the windshield, do you? You can see over it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts