Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery 10 days ago of a 2010 red spyder, awesome machine...
Not a veteran 2 wheeler , and boy did I have reservations but it's exhilarating.
Unfortunately I have't been able to play with it much , going back to the dealer for a second round of VSS,DSP & limp mode issues.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, PLZDVM!

Hopefully your dealer will be able to get your machine fixed this time. Rocky start to your new hobby, that. Did they say what's wrong with it? New issues or something that wasn't fixed properly the first time it was in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, delivered last Thursday, Friday evening problems, so Mon they picked it up & told me the computer needed rebooting, re calibrating and it was fine. Delivered it again this last Thurs and a quick ride yesterday no issues, this afternoon, VSS, DSP and the ever dreaded limp mode.
I don't think they know what's going on.
Not very happy with a broken toy out of the box.
They do seem like good guys, hopefully they'll get the problem fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good luck on getting the faults worked out. I put on 5000+ and counting miles my first year on my Red '09 GS without a single issue.

There is a rally coming up called - Spyders in the Adirondacks (NY) July 28-30th

http://www.spydertalk.com/SpydersInT...acks/index.php

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, dealership told me they needed to re alighn the steering & torque sensors and found a loose connection.
They have been testing it for 2 days and the errors haven't re occurred.
So it will be delivered tomorrow and I hope that will be it.
If there are any more specific info from the dealer Concernig the fix I will pass it on.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
They've been testing it, or driving it and having a great time on it? :) Hopefully its fixed now and you'll be able to enjoy it yourself!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have you got it back? How's it acting for you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ran flawlessly for my 1 hour round about, couldn't be happier.
Despite the early issues, very content with my new toy and very happy with the dealership.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yay!!! Glad you've got it back and, better, its fixed!!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts