Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having picked up my new 2012 Spyder RT-S less than a week ago, I just want to say, WHAT A MACHINE. I sold my 2012 BMW K1600 GTL to buy this Spyder and I'm happy I made the move.. I'm a 65 yr. old retire police officer and the BMW was just alittle too heavy for me to handle. I just ordered the "foot rest kit" from Madstad Engineering (a little expensive @ $329.99) but these foot rests let you stretch out your legs on longer rides. My question is has anyone tried these foot rests on their Spyders and are they worth the $329.00 I spent for them. Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
never heard of them

most people seem to go with the ISCI or Seal floorboards

There are not too many places that sell highway pegs for the Spyder

·
Registered
306 Posts
Having picked up my new 2012 Spyder RT-S less than a week ago, I just want to say, WHAT A MACHINE. I sold my 2012 BMW K1600 GTL to buy this Spyder and I'm happy I made the move.. I'm a 65 yr. old retire police officer and the BMW was just alittle too heavy for me to handle. I just ordered the "foot rest kit" from Madstad Engineering (a little expensive @ $329.99) but these foot rests let you stretch out your legs on longer rides. My question is has anyone tried these foot rests on their Spyders and are they worth the $329.00 I spent for them. Thanks in advance for your responses.
The foot rest is nice but it is just a foot rest not a peg. They do not hold much weight but where they are located you won't accidently what to stand on them anyway.

The GS/RS have a fin that sticks out that I use like these Madstad rests. Mine are not as comfortable but get the job done.

Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Gadgetman!!! Glad you're enjoying your new ryde! I know nothing about the footrests - but wanted to say hello and ask for pics of your new baby when you get time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts