Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome aboard! :D So if your Wife is interested... are you looking at just getting one for her or buying a matched set? :cool:
What are you currently riding??

· Registered
377 Posts
Bean Station
Hey, you're right up the road from me. You are more fortunate than many in this group. You have 2 dealers within easy commute - Alcoa Good Times and Mountain Motorsports in Kodak. Both are co-owned by the same people. Go take a look at what they have to offer, you may see something you like. Also go on Cycletrader.com and take a look around. The Spyder is the safest thing on 2 or 3 wheels and is very forgiving while you're getting familiar with it. David

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome, L&B! Has your wife ridden a motorcycle before or is this her first choice? There's a bit of a learning curve if she's coming over from a two-wheeler, but not too bad. I really enjoy mine, and have grown quite comfortable in a short period of time. Be careful, though, its very addicting!!

Feel free to read around, there are all sorts of great threads with lots of information. Any questions you don't see answers to, post away, we're happy to help!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard! :D So if your Wife is interested... are you looking at just getting one for her or buying a matched set? :cool:
What are you currently riding??
hey bob, my wife bree is now attempting to ride a Sportster 883SL, she's had her mc endorsement for two years now , and after some ongoing health issues still has trouble with two wheels. She's bound and determined to ride as she loves it, (and she's stubborn), ao I.ve been looking for a good alternative for her. Looked over this whole forum last nite, and I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. Looking at the RS model with the semiauto tranny for her. Myself, been riding since I was around 16, now riding a V-Rod, Big Bore, and for the long trips, a CVO Electra-Glide Classic. Can't give up my two wheels just yet, but now I have an alternative... heh heh!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, L&B! Has your wife ridden a motorcycle before or is this her first choice? There's a bit of a learning curve if she's coming over from a two-wheeler, but not too bad. I really enjoy mine, and have grown quite comfortable in a short period of time. Be careful, though, its very addicting!!

Feel free to read around, there are all sorts of great threads with lots of information. Any questions you don't see answers to, post away, we're happy to help!!
The learning curve for her should be short because her two-wheeling experience is limited. Appreciate all the help. Lee

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Be careful; these things are like potato chips... one rarely is enough! :D
I'm sorry to hear that your better half is having health issues; I'm sure though that she'll find a way to keep chasing you around on a bike! :D

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Have her test ride both models, give her all the hands-on experience she needs to make the decision. We've got folks who have gone both ways here, the RT and the RS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.