Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to make the transition from 2 to 3 wheels. The RT or RTL has caught my eye. I haven’t been to the Can-Am dealer yet but I’ve spent some time reading/watching reviews.

This is probably a silly question but are the saddle bags removable? On my bike, I can quick release the saddle bags and carry them like top handle luggage.

Thanks

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nope. Side cases are not removable, but the top case can be substituted for other Can Am accessories. I simply purchased some soft inner bags for the side cases for traveling.
Thanks for the reply. In a week or two I’ll heading to the dealer. That 60 month 0% financing will certainly take the sting out of buying one.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
Nope. Side cases are not removable, but the top case can be substituted for other Can Am accessories. I simply purchased some soft inner bags for the side cases for traveling.
That answer might be right for some models.......but certainly not all.

On m '17 RTL, none of the bags or trunks are removable.

But I have seen some other models without either a rear trunk or side bags......and I assume they can be added if desired.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
Thanks for the reply. In a week or two I’ll heading to the dealer. That 60 month 0% financing will certainly take the sting out of buying one.
When vehicle dealers have financing deals like that:

It usually means that you will pay FULL MSRP plus in order to get the 0%.

IF you negotiate a cash price with them and finance it elsewhere, you sometimes can get an even better deal.
And usually if you are one day late with one payment, your interest rate goes up to something outrageous for the balance of the time on the loan.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When vehicle dealers have financing deals like that:

It usually means that you will pay FULL MSRP plus in order to get the 0%.

IF you negotiate a cash price with them and finance it elsewhere, you sometimes can get an even better deal.
And usually if you are one day late with one payment, your interest rate goes up to something outrageous for the balance of the time on the loan.
This promotion is through BRP on new 2022 models. I’ve spoke to a number of dealers that are asking less than MSRP. Basically make your best deal with the dealer and finance what ever portion of the purchase with BRP.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
This promotion is through BRP on new 2022 models. I’ve spoke to a number of dealers that are asking less than MSRP. Basically make your best deal with the dealer and finance what ever portion of the purchase with BRP.
OK fine. It sounds like you are new at this financing a new vehicle thing.

Just read ALL of the paperwork before signing anything.......and be sure that ALL of the blanks are filled in.
There is almost ALWAYS some surprise hidden in there someplace.

Good luck.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
Why would you make such a remark?
Sorry. No offense intended.

The dealers are NOT in business to give you a good deal.
They ARE in business to squeeze as much money out of you as they can.
And there are all kinds of "creative" ways to do that.
One is to bait you in with 0% financing.

Just trying to be helpful with a "heads up".

By all means, ignore what I said if you wish.
Not intending to start an argument either.

· Banned
4 Posts
I’d like to make the transition from 2 to 3 wheels. The RT or RTL has caught my eye. I haven’t been to the Can-Am dealer yet but I’ve spent some time reading/watching reviews.

This is probably a silly question but are the saddle bags removable? On my bike, I can quick release the saddle bags and carry them like top handle luggage.

Thanks
Your BMWs are BIG machines, and if you are like me, my R1200RT became too much for me and I stopped riding. I switched to the Can-Am F3 because that model seems most “traditional motorcycle-like” to me and I added removable panniers. I like the more laid back roadster riding position. But if you ride 2-up or ride thousands of miles and need the storage, the RT model and up is a great option. If your BMWs have clutchless shifting, you will enjoy the semi-auto trans in the SE6.

· Registered
9 Posts

Thanks
One of the things you may not like about the Spyder --- the engine oil needs to be a operating temperature before you can get an accurate reading of the oil level. Do you want to start the engine and get it at operating temperature if the oil level is low? Always check the oil level after it's at normal operating temperature, usually after riding 8 miles or so and before you put it to sleep! Electrical systems, mostly contacts can come loose, check often. Everything else is wonderful, a very nice ride and responsive, mileage on mine about 34-37 MPG but with a really nice fuel tank with lots of fuel; for long rides. 93 Octane only! Their are "Recall" on most CanAm Trikes at this time! Make sure any recall are corrected before your buy!
2017 CanAm Spyder F3T.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How is it that your user name seems to have changed ?
You can send that answer in a PM too, if you wish.
OK fine. It sounds like you are new at this being a moderator on a forum thing. Although I’m not an administrator or a moderator or a super moderator for that matter, I can and will help you navigate through the forums intricacies.

New users have 90 days where they can change their usernames. A username can only be changed once in that 90 day period.

So, if you are ever confused or not certain about anything, feel free to avail yourself to me at your leisure. After all, I’m here to help.

Have a blessed day!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts