Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to the forum and with the world of the Can Am Spyder. I have loved them since I first set my eyes on them at our Texas State Fair a few years back. Finally financially sound enough to buy one and wondering where to start.

Buy new or used?
What questions to ask when buying used?
What is maintenance like?

Any general infor to start would be great. thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
New or used? Depends on how much money you have. Are you interested in comfort or sportiness? Comfort's gonna cost you more. If money isn't a problem I would start at the closest Can-Am dealer. Is there one near you? Secondly I would go on CycleTrader.com and look around at both new and used and that will give you an idea of what to expect. You might even find the one with your name on it. David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definetly want to go with sporty. This would be the RS according to 2011. I really like the RSS but cant afford that. i am more in the range of 10-13K.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I definetly want to go with sporty. This would be the RS according to 2011. I really like the RSS but cant afford that. i am more in the range of 10-13K.
You will be able to find a used RS for that amount. As I posted earlier go on CycleTrader.com and look around. David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!

I found my 2008 RS on Cycletrader.com for a really good price from a private seller. They showed me more about the Spyder than any dealer has ever showed me about any car I've purchased. Give private owner sales a look, as well as dealers.

You may want to ask about an extended warranty while you're looking. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts