Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Newbie here

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mrfilovirus 
#1 ·
Looking at getting a spyder next month. Been trying to decide between it, a goldwing or a BMW K1200LT. I really like the idea of 3 wheels and idea of having something different. However, got to admit I want a touring bike with all the bells.

My questions is this. I really want a radio/MP3 when I ride so I would like to see what any of you have done. What kind of aftermarket products you have used and how it is working for you.

I know there are a ton of things out there but I am new to bikes and don't really know what I need/want.

Thanks for the input.
Matt

#3 ·
Unfortunate

Maybe the "ATV" buyer is different than the "Cycle" buyer.... but you would think they would not like to be treated rudely regardless? It may be because they do not feel they have any competitors, who knows.

This is not universal though, our local dealer has been very friendly and helpful, even servicing Spyders before they could sell them!

#4 ·
I there is another dealer out 20 miles away. I am going there tomorrow for a test drive and see how they are. I did not even bother driving the spyder at the first place. That saleman lost the dealership any and all off my business.

Also, someone told me they heard there will be a different transmition for next year with an OD to aid in the mpgs. Anyone else know of this??

And yes I am not buying it for mpg but at the sametime I don't want to have to stop to buy gas every 120-150 miles.

#5 ·
At this point everything about the next model year is 100% personal speculation - although I hadn't heard that rumor yet. If they tune it for better gas mileage they will have to loose some of the get up and go - and I don't think people want that at this point. No one is getting it for the MPG (although no one also wants it to suck) so most are "accepting" at 35 - 40mpg with the 0-60 factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.