Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has been riding for years and I have always wanted to ride with him, but I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and a traditional motorcycle has never been an option for me.

When I first saw the Spyder, I got so excited, that was something that I could do even with my limitations. It took about 2 years, but husband finally agreed and I purchased a 2008 Spyder SM5 on Saturday. I have been driving around the court that we live on practicing and I plan on taking a class at the end of July. I am really excited about this bike and I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You will love it, take your time in learning how it handles and about the trike because you will be asked questions about it where ever you go:) Smiles for Miles best of luck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase!!! You're sure to find that its more than a hobby, its an addiction. Though most of us who are addicted don't want to quit!!

Call your dealership and find out if the recalls have been done. If they haven't, you'll want to have them let you know when the parts are in, so your byke doesn't sit in their maintenance bay for months while they wait.

Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call your dealership and find out if the recalls have been done.
All of the recalls have been completed. I have been riding around the court that I live in for 4 days now, working with the controls and the brakes. I know how sad this is, but I put 30 miles on it over the weekend just driving around the court getting use to the turning and braking.

My husband is being very pacient with me while I adjust and learn the new bike. I am getting my learners permit on Saturday and then he is going to take me to an empty parking lot practice shifting. I am also schedule in an Apex class on Trikes at the end of July.

I will be very happy to post pictures, how do I do it?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Taking your time and learning the right way is only going to save you from having problems "down the road..." Congratulations on taking a very wise approach! :cool:
Pictures...
Underneath this box where you do the typing, There are additional options... Hit the "Manage Attachments" button
This'll take you to a screen where you can either type in the address on your computer of where the picture is, or you can "Browse" to find the one that you want. Once you;ve picked it out, hit the "Upload" button.
After the picture is listed as an attachment you can close that screen and submit your reply...
(Now I'm confused...:eek:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, lets see if this work. Here are pictures of my Spyder

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The way you're learning is not sad at all - its smart. Get used to handling her, and comfortable with your knowledge and experience, and you'll enjoy the ride on the open road a whole lot more. Good job, smart thinking!

Oooh, so pretty and shiny!!! Bet just looking at it makes you smile, too! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great looking bike! Is that a hindle exhaust? And if so, do you have a juice box? Just curious. These terms are still relatively new to me, but you definitely have an upgrade exhaust. I just read that if you put on an aftermarket exhaust you will have to tweak the fuel mixture, hence the "juice box".
If I'm not making any sense just move on from this post! haha :D

--Andy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, it does have an upgraded exhaust, fuel mixture? You don't just put gas in or are we talking about something else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts