Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined forum to check out RT-S. Thinking of parting with Goldwing and moving to a trike. Rented a Goldwing Motortrike to ride the Texas Hill Country last weekend. Now want to try the RT to see the difference. One question I have is wind protection especially for the passenger. I set the Wing up with taller windshield, mirror wings and hand wings which really help on the Wing. How is the wind protection on the RT and what can be done to improve? Also my Wing has built-in navigation which relieves the theft worry. Is the RT navi also built-in or removable unit? Are most RT riders using factory intercom or wireless units? I really appreciate any advice you can give.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome dbaucum!

I'll try to answer your questions based on my experiences with my RT Ltd...

1 - GPS is portable, I pull it off when parking. However, I also came with the car mount so it does double duty.
2 - passenger wind projection - my wife is much smaller that I am and does not get too much wind unless there is a cross wind. That said, I actually put on the touring windshield which is smaller. Help with the handling in traffic and on windy days. I come from a sport bike, so I am used to lots of wind.
3 - intercomm, we went with a bluetooth intercomm. It works well and has the benefit of not having cables to tangle. Music quality is poor, but the GPS and wife come through clearly.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, dbaucum~

I'm on the RS, so have no info for you but wanted to throw the welcome mat out! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts