Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife has the springtime bug and wants a spyder, I would rather wait to pay down some bills this year but i need to keep the woman happy. She wants us each to get one but i think for now i will just get the one for her. Here in tx some dealers have 09 and 10 for 12.9k. Is there a difference between the years, why would they both be the same price with the same options? Of course i want it cheaper :D. Is there a better time of the year to buy a spyder, any dealer recomendations. She just wants the rs sm5 but would like the black one. I am 6'3 250lb and from what i read on here i wont "fit" on a rs and an rt would be a better fit. I would be happy with the rs because of price and looks. Any suggestions on model years or dealers or techniques to get the dealers to come down on price. Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Welcome new member!

Right now is a good time to buy. Come riding season the prices will increase. The price of 12.5K may be good for a '10 SM5 or SE5. You may be able to do better with a private sale right now.

6'3" may be a little tight on a stock RS but with floorboards may be all you need to keep your legs more comfortable. You would also want to add handle bar risers. The weight limit is 400 lbs so weight should not be a problem. I'm 6'1' 200 lbs and feel comfortable with just a 1" riser. I ride two up a lot at about 360 lbs without a problem.

Before you buy take a test ride on both the SM and SE models. Many of old time riders are making the change to the SE5.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
We're glad that you found us! :D Is your "Moneypit" moniker referencing the possible Spyder(s) in your future??
I've got an RT and feel as if I've got lots of room to move around. Jeff's right though; with a suitable pile of money :)eek:) you can make anybody fit on anything!
Think of tyhe RT as having a relaxed crusing style seating, and the RS as more of a sportbike style
As long as all of the updates have been done on the prior year bikes they should be identical, so the fun'll be in the shopping!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome new member!

Right now is a good time to buy. Come riding season the prices will increase. The price of 12.5K may be good for a '10 SM5 or SE5. You may be able to do better with a private sale right now.

6'3" may be a little tight on a stock RS but with floorboards may be all you need to keep your legs more comfortable. You would also want to add handle bar risers. The weight limit is 400 lbs so weight should not be a problem. I'm 6'1' 200 lbs and feel comfortable with just a 1" riser. I ride two up a lot at about 360 lbs without a problem.

Before you buy take a test ride on both the SM and SE models. Many of old time riders are making the change to the SE5.
I just figured with the sm it would be one less thing that could break vs the electric shift. Because of peoples lack of maintenance I would feel safer with a new one. Besides the used ones are all hopped up and selling for more than a stock new one. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're glad that you found us! :D Is your "Moneypit" moniker referencing the possible Spyder(s) in your future??
I've got an RT and feel as if I've got lots of room to move around. Jeff's right though; with a suitable pile of money :)eek:) you can make anybody fit on anything!
Think of tyhe RT as having a relaxed crusing style seating, and the RS as more of a sportbike style
As long as all of the updates have been done on the prior year bikes they should be identical, so the fun'll be in the shopping!
The moneypit is for the 87 buick grand national i own. I could use the room of the rt but i dont need the storage and other options as well as another 5k + for the cost. I will get something, timing and price just need to fall into place. Thanks
Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts