Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work construction and do fabrication. Please forgive my grammar for i have some problems with that just try to understand what I'm typing. I just bought a 2014 RTS 2k miles on it that has had the front bumper nose broke off of it.
Looking forward to learning all about the spyders

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,252 Posts
Welcome.
I hope you didn't pay a LOT for it because that is likely to be an expensive repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.
I hope you didn't pay a LOT for it because that is likely to be an expensive repair.
The price was right for me.
It is all cosmetic and those parts are expensive.
The key for me is as long as I don't pay any labor costs to put it back together
I should be into a Spyder for a decent price.
I did say Should be. it doesn't always work out that way

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,252 Posts
It is all cosmetic and those parts are expensive.
With a little mechanical savvy and patience you should be fine.

If you haven't already, I think I might try to re-attach the nose pieces with screws, bolts, plastic push pins and DUCT TAPE just to be sure of all the parts that are damaged or missing.

It also looks like you could maybe ride it at low speeds with that nose piece completely removed.

I would certainly want to be as sure as possible that there is no "hidden" damage by actually riding it before spending maybe $1000 on body parts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far the radiators are as deep as it gets. Replaced 1 then the other. Now i can run it a little and check for other things.
I always take on a project in the winter this one should be rewarding in the end The profit to me is how many miles of enjoyment I get out of it. Bought a older Goldwing once my wife wouldn't get on it, she hated it Green in color that one cost me. Looking forward to all the info that comes from this forum and those that have gone before me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are several eBay vendors who part out wrecked Spyders. They usually provide pictures of the vehicle the parts came from. So search for various parts (not necessarily the ones you are looking for, eg rear taillight assembly) then contact them, tell your story and see what they can do for you. Often if they don't have something in stock they know who does or will make a bid on a salvage sale if you will buy parts from them.

If your front shocks are damaged, l will have some for free in a few days.

I assume you have purchased a PDF service manual that includes wiring diagram and parts list.

Spyders mostly use M6 Torx and push-pin fasteners with some M5 Torx. I replaced most of the Torx with flanged hex button-heads -- much easier to work with using my ball-end T-handles.

If you used screw clamps for your radiator hoses, make sure they are constant torque for proper sealing and hose life.

Looks like a fun project. Hope your workshop is heated.:giggle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts