Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy All, I'm an older guy. Started riding when I was 14, thats been more than 45 years ago. My passions are Motorcycles and Airplanes. I currently have 3 BMWs in the garage and an airplane at the air field. I,m looking for an education. My current bikes weigh in at 780-1000 lbs. Issue is my hips are going bad and I'm told that I need to be prepared that the day is coming soon when I won't be able to hold a bike up any more and I'm determined that I'm not going to quit. So, if you don't mind I'll just lurk around the edges and try to learn something.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome, Brick!! Feel free to lurk, this is a great group of people. There are several of us who have bodies that are giving us trouble with regular two-wheel vehicles, and have turned to Spyders. I find I'm having more fun on my Spyder than I did on the motorcycle, the biggest reason being the lack of pain when I ride.

· Registered
55 Posts
Hello Brick

I can totaly relate to you I am new to riding the Spyder and just like the post above I am having more fun that I ever have in my life riding my bike. This has to be the most amazing bike ever built.

Welcome to the group here lots of nice ladies and gents here on the forums.
tons of great info as well as interacting with other Sypders owners.

· Registered
377 Posts
Feel free to lurk. Just because you don't currently own a Spyder doesn't mean you can't contribute to the group. You ride motorcycles and I'm sure you have a lot of stories that might be revelent to some of the questions raised here. Also you are a pilot - always a good source of stories. What type is it? David

· Registered
303 Posts
Welcome

Feel free to look and ask questions. I never really rode a twp wheeler before so your inout on the comparrisons can be helpful.

I'm setting in a hospital bed as I write this. My body is getting old and alreay running on spare parts. This was of the reasons I came to ride the Spyder. It helps me feel alive (and feel like I can stay alive) while riding in the open air.

The no holding up a bike in stop and go traffic is great.

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the Party! :D With all of those accumulated years of experience I hope that you don't lurk as much as you let us in on some of your secrets... :cool:

· Registered
377 Posts
Feel free to look and ask questions. I never really rode a twp wheeler before so your inout on the comparrisons can be helpful.

I'm setting in a hospital bed as I write this. My body is getting old and alreay running on spare parts. This was of the reasons I came to ride the Spyder. It helps me feel alive (and feel like I can stay alive) while riding in the open air.

The no holding up a bike in stop and go traffic is great.
Sitting in a hospital bed? Anything serious? Will you still be able to ride? Hope you get better soon. David

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Absolutely, David. Hope you heal up quickly and have a speedy recovery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.