Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes just a simple question. has anyone purchased an RS in the crate as shipped from BRS and then assembled it in there own garage? A dealer recently quoted me an almost $500 dealer prep fee. Could anyone suggest a dealer that would sell a Spyder in a box?

·
Registered
110 Posts
bike in a box

I doubt BRP would send you a spyder in a box to let you put it together To much liability, and your not a dealer. And why in the world would you want to do that, to save $500.00 If you can't afford for them (dealer) to put it together, you probably can't afford the spyder

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
With BRP's relatively new policy that no new Spyder leave the dealership without at least a 10 mile ride by a tech, it seems very doubtful they would sell one in the crate. Besides, it would be worth the $500 to make sure it was set up correctly and had all the software updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Setup Fee?

I don't understand what's going on with the dealers in other parts of the country. What ever happened to competing for the customer?

I shopped my new RT-AC SE5 Orbital Blue with the local dealers. Paid significantly under list price with no additional fees. In fact, the dealer delivered via trailer...90+ miles one way at no charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bike and no box

Yes in the end I wound up negotiating down alot of the base fees and I got what I think was good deal. Dealer offered to deliver it but I trailered my brand new spyder home meself. Nobody likes paying for sales tax:eek: but its one of things that can't be avoided. NJ gets their money even in an out of state purchase.
The first thing I did was to dial down the belt tension. The vibration, noise, belt shredding dissappered, Shifting suddenly became easier. The bike had 3 hours on it and the difference is very noticable. There is alot of useful info in this forum. Thanks ! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts