Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I have been a spyder rt owner since april of 2010 and have now just discovered this forum. I was looking for some help with the "evil" steering sensor error which throws the bike into limp mode and flashes the error icons on the bike. After 18500 miles on the bike, several sensors I was just today told that the "magnet" that goes under the sensor needs to be changed. So, here I go one more time to the shop. Note: i love my spyder and plan on attending the rally in june in north carolina, but I can not stand the "fear" I carry sometimes not knowing the the bike is going into limp mode. Oh well. now that I have released all of my woos. Thank you for letting me on the forum and hope to talk with some of you in the future. :)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Tommy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome

Just wanted to thank you all for the welcome. It is thursday and I have not yet heard from the dealer about the replacement part. He did indicate that the magnet, which sits underneath the steering sensor, also needs to be replaced but that part has not yet arrived. Will keep you all informed and thank you again for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It could take awhile on the replacement parts. They're notoriously slow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tommy! Happy to have you. I'm an RS guy, so I can't really relate to some of the RT stuff. And I am of absolutely no technical help, as I've only had mine for a little over a month. But I can talk riding and all that good stuff all day long! :D Maybe one of these days when the kids are grown I'll jump up to the RT and take wifey on some road trips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to all my Spyder buds out there. Just got my Spyder last week. I am preparing for the endorsment ride next week. I am really having a ball just making all my neighbors jealous. Just wanted to say hello. It is good to know I have Spyder friends out there.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to the Y Factor family, Chutzpah!! Get that endorsement and burn up those miles! Oh, and be ready to tell everyone all about it... everywhere you go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts