Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from northern california and wanting to get a spyder but would like a heads up on fuel mileage,also noticed a lot of negative feed on the spyder,I know that there are problems with other bikes (I have hade my share with a qaud)but just curious thanx and look forward to riding a Spyder:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Bass!

I've got an '08 RS SM5 and get 30 mpg consistently. Some get less, a few get more. I think its got to do with riding style and the wrist/throttle ratio.

You'll read more problems than praise on anything - its usually the folks who have an issue that ask questions, not the ones who are out riding because their rides are working perfectly.

Best bet is to find a dealership that will let you test drive one, and give it a spin, see what you think. There's a learning curve, though not a large one. Feel free to browse the site, there are plenty of good threads here with great information!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the response,even 30 mpg would be great,I ride qauds and understand that the feel of riding the spyder is about the same so I think the transition would be no big deal,I'll just have to test ride one,thanks again:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would say that the Spyder is like a quad on rails. Same type of controls for steering, but much more precise response to steering inputs.

As to mileage, mine varies from 27 to 35MPG. Keeping the revs low makes a big difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts