Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put car tires on there spyder? I'm in of new tires and not to impressed with the wear I got out of the tires they come with. Could use some help,thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
car tire in the rear

I just replaced the rear tire after 14.5K miles, but from the looks of things here that is not to bad for mileage, but i went with a Michelin MXW tire. It is a V rated tire, which i believe the OEM tire is an H rated. I have only had it on a couple weeks, but it is doing great so far with the exception that I am finding myself spinning the rear at lights more.... but that could just be me.....

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I just replaced the rear tire after 14.5K miles, but from the looks of things here that is not to bad for mileage, but i went with a Michelin MXW tire. It is a V rated tire, which i believe the OEM tire is an H rated. I have only had it on a couple weeks, but it is doing great so far with the exception that I am finding myself spinning the rear at lights more.... but that could just be me.....

hmmmmm............ You may have discovered the trick for doing burnouts!

Can-Am always states that they recommend the OEM tire because the VSS and ABS were designed to work with it/them. This seems pretty restrictive though, specially if for some reason the tire was no longer available. It also says that improvements in tire technologies would not be available for Spyder owners either....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.