Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our new RT Limited arrived at Big Number One in Birmingham today. They will have it put together and tested Thursday afternoon. Going for a short ride Friday and then hitting the road for New Orleans Saturday morning for a 3 day weekend with the little bride. Can't wait to get it on the road. I have some questions now and will more than likely have more when I return. My only real concern and that is the talk I have read on this page about the foot brake. Being an old biker I am already thinking about the hand brake conversion. Any one who has one and would like to make some suggestions I will appreciate it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ride an RS, but its' the same brake. For the first couple of weeks I would reach for the front brake when stopping and really had to retrain myself. Now it's 2nd nature. If you're coming from 2 wheels, make sure you and the bride are leaning into the turn. If it's a tight turn, get your hip over on the inside and lean.
Enjoy! I hope you have a great trip. Ride safe!

--Andy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!

Give yourself a bit of time to get used to the switchover from foot and hand brake to foot brake alone. I, too, grabbed air for a few days, but like changing from a car to a motorcycle, you'll train your brain that its a different rule.

Have fun on your trip!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts